Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The things we can control this weekend.

0 HS
allinosu's picture
November 4, 2014 at 10:38am
19 Comments

There are few pet peeves if you will of mine that results in me tightening my grip on my chair with an AAAAHHH s--t. We need to clean these things up so as not to give MSU any unnecessary help. Let us not kick the ball out of bounds on a kickoff to give them better field position. No late hits on the sideline moving the ball up 15 yards. No blocks in the backs on punt return so we have the ball on the 40 instead of the 13. No wasting time outs staring at the sideline for 15 seconds trying to get a play call. No attitude personal fouls after the play is over. These things can lead to a score by continuing drives. This one only happened a few times this year but no 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 5. Make them earn their first downs. And finally, If and when we get the lead we do not change our offensive or defensive strategy unless the lead is substantial. I don't want to see a W. Virginia against TCU outcome trying to sit on the lead. I'm sure there are others things but getting a handle on the above increases our chances. This is not arm chair coaching but just sound football. Some of these things probably will happen but I'm hoping that they are more MSU mistakes and not ours. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments