Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State vs. Notre Dame For a Playoff Spot

0 HS
hansman's picture
October 28, 2014 at 4:56pm
25 Comments

There is something I have been hearing a whole lot of different places that has been bugging me-how everyone seems to agree that if Ohio State and Notre Dame both were to win out, Notre Dame will surely have the final spot over us (assuming the Big 12 and SEC cannibalize each other).

I just read an article yesterday that said Ohio State's resume clearly will not beat Notre Dame's. It went on to then list Notre Dame's wonderful loss to Florida State and our terrible loss to VT. Here's my problem...why does everyone discussing the playoffs keep talking about great losses, and not wins or upcoming chances at quality wins? I have zero problem at all with Notre Dame being ahead of us RIGHT NOW, and even near the top five because of their performance vs. FSU, because neither Ohio State or Notre Dame has any win of significance.

By the end of the year, if they win out, Notre Dame is going to have beaten only Arizona State and not played a conference championship. Ohio State will have beaten a top 10 MSU, and maybe a top 10-15 Nebraska. ONE of those wins will top beating an Arizona State team ranked around 15 in two games. Doesn't a win vs. a top ten on the road (plus Nebraska/whoever) trump looking wonderful against Florida State and beating Arizona State? Margin shouldn't matter either when compared to them. They haven't posted big winning margins vs. anyone but Rice and TSUN. Your thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments