Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Herman MIGHT not be quite as at fault as we think

0 HS
HYDEYOKIDS's picture
October 26, 2014 at 11:58am
42 Comments

To be clear I don't like play calling in the big games we have played, but I stopped to give it some thought and realized Herman has a bit of a case that should be talked about before condemning him.

Last year was the Miller/Hyde show. Against MSU and Clemson we had underperforming receivers along with a Braxton whose passing took a dive in efficiency and accuracy towards the end of the season. There is a bit a case to say Herman was a little handcuffed to a degree by receivers who were not consistently making plays and a Brax who could not consistently deliver an accurate pass.

I was upset last night but I did not know that JT was injured. If you take into account JT was hampered and also clearly rattled by the environment I could see why one would go very vanilla with the offense, especially if you don't think JT is capable of delivering an accurate ball due to the circumstances.

Honestly his worst game that there was really no excuse for was V tech. 

I guess my point being while I have not liked the play calling he does have some excuses and I will wait until the MSU game before I make my judgment of Herman where ideally he will have no excuses.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments