Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Respect? No.

Matt Gutridge's picture
October 19, 2014 at 10:33am
8 Comments

Rutgers was chirping a lot about respect and quieting the crowd in Ohio Stadium. The Scarlet Knights did get the crowd quiet, by having most of the fans leave the stands in the second half due to the blow-out.

As far as respect goes, I'm sure the Rutgers players have a new respect for Ohio State.

From nypost.com:

“I felt like guys just froze up a little bit,’’ said wide receiver Leonte Carroo (five catches for 100 yards), whose Scarlet Knights (5-2, 1-2 Big Ten) fell behind 14-0 after the first two possessions and 49-7 midway through the third quarter. Yes, it was that kind of rout, the worst they had suffered since a 42-0 loss to Notre Dame in 2002.

“Everything they did out there, we practiced. But mentally as a whole we weren’t prepared,’’ said defensive end Kemoko Turay, who came in with a league-high 5 ½ sacks but didn’t manage a tackle against the Buckeyes’ blinding spread offense. 

...“We kind of underestimated them a bit. … I give them credit — they’re a really good team. We’re going to learn from it and work on it this week.’’

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments