Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Couple of realizations today....

0 HS
SlumLord6973's picture
October 18, 2014 at 8:15pm
36 Comments

I don't normally start threads. Plenty of other people will always put something up there that I can post in. But I couldn't really find anything on the board that fit with my thoughts.

As I watched Ohio State's J.T. Barrett just absoltely demolish the Rutgers defense and shred them like a tree chipper going through someone's backyard refuse a couple things just sort of clicked into place. Now I preface this with the understanding that its still early in the season and I know the toughest games have yet to come. Whats more is I'm a lot more excited about seeing Barrett play against MSU than before. 

I think Barrett is a better QB than Miller. There. I said it. Now I realize that Miller is the better athlete. Its not even debatable. Miller is by far the better athlete. But the better QB, in my opinion and based upon a limited body of work, is JT Barrett. Feel free to disagree. Totally cool with it. But so far based on what I've seen and galvanized by todays game, I think Barrett is better. I do not think Miller would've had the same level of success against Rutgers as Barrett had. Rutgers took away certain things on offense by design and I saw Barrett pick it apart. I do not think Miller would've been able to put together that kind of passing display we saw today. And here is the kicker.....Barrett is only a redshirt freshman. 

Rutgers was not a bad team. Their defense is decent. Offensively they do what they try to do very well. They are limited by the talent they have but they do have enough talent to be competative against most teams. I saw Ohio State take a decent team and just tea bag them on the field continuously rubbing their collective hairy bean bag all over the collective Rutgers team and there was nothing they could do about it. It was as thorough of an ass kicking as I've seen in a while. Rutgers came to play. 

This leads me to my second realization. And I'll preface this one by saying this is just my personal opinion and you are more than welcome to disagree. I think this Ohio State team can play with and beat anyone in the country right now. I think this team this year can win the national title if allowed to play for it. There. I said it and I 100 percent believe it. They just drubbed a good team. Last year Ohio State would've struggled against a squad like Rutgers. They would not have been able to exploit them in the passing game like they did. 

And my third realization? Not gonna apologize for it. Gonna tell you like I got it straight from Jesus. Barrett is going to win a hiesman before he leaves Ohio State and he might be the best QB we have had here since Hoying. 

These are just my opinions. Feel free to agree or disagree. I know I could be wrong but I just don't feel like it. I got a glimpse today of the future. This team is so young yet so talented. I think they will run MSU out of the stadium. They won't be able to take away the run like they did last year and then stifle the offense. Barrett will make them pay through the air. 

Gonna be a great season. :) Enjoy every minute of it. We are right now watching something special unfold. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments