Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Season Outlook

0 HS
Haubtimus Prime's picture
October 17, 2014 at 9:14am
22 Comments

As a diehard OSU fan, I find myself defending my Buckeyes quite a bit.  So, I'm posing the questions I'm sure to hear, and looking for ammunition the next time I'm engulfed in college football discussion.

Here are the facts.  Ohio State is 4-1, with four wins against teams who have a combined record of 9-15.  One of the four has a winning record.  Of the seven teams remaining on the regular season schedule, four have a winning record (Rutgers, Penn State, Minnesota and Michigan State).  The combined record of those seven teams is 28-16. 

Of the 15 teams in the top 20 with a loss, here are the teams and their one loss:

Auburn - Mississippi State (6-0)

Alabama - Ole Miss (6-0)

Michigan State - Oregon (5-1)

Oregon - Arizona (5-1)

Georgia - South Carolina (3-3)

Oklahoma - TCU (4-1)

Ohio State - Virginia Tech (4-3)

Kansas State - Auburn (5-1)

Oklahoma State - Florida State (6-0)

Arizona - USC (4-2)

Arizona State - UCLA (4-2)

East Carolina - South Carolina (3-3)

Nebraska - Michigan State (5-1)

In my honest opinion, OSU is fortunate to be back into the Top 13 so quickly.  A 14-point home loss to a three-loss ACC school is hard to ignore, especially considering who OSU has beaten to get back to 4-1, and what the other schools in the Top 20 have done.  I do like to believe that OSU is progressing. 

Is OSU overrated?

Will they be playing in December?

If they win out, are they in the discussion?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments