Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Bigger Liar: Winston or Fisher?

0 HS
GUITONISH's picture
October 15, 2014 at 12:08am
14 Comments

I honestly can't decide, then I read this ESPN article "Fisher believes Winston was not paid. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11703241/florida-state-co...

I have never seen a coach stick his head in the sand sooooo many times for 1 player.  We have been through this with Pryor so we have been there with at least the autograph part, but it piled on top of so many other incidents. I am sick of his when he screws up....he's a kid , but he handles the pressure like "a man" speech.

"He's never taken a dime from anything," Fisher said. "He's signed thousands of things. An hour and a half before a baseball game he signs, an hour and a half after the game. There's thousands of things out there with his name. He's very accommodating."

James Spence, founder of James Spence Authentication, told ESPN.com on Tuesday it is unlikely the more than 950 items were signed at different times and for a number of different fans.

"The way they are sequenced does mean they were submitted at the same time by a person," Spence said. "I can't imagine that fans would get together to do that."

Florida State could consider changing its autograph policy in light of the Winston investigation, Fisher said.

"It may be you have to eliminate it. It's a shame, but you got to protect the [players]," he said. "We have to look at what we're doing. What's a shame is for the little kids whose dream is to get an autograph by one of the great players."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments