Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Let's put out the good china for Rutgers fans this Saturday. (No seriously.)

0 HS
NC_Buckeye's picture
October 14, 2014 at 12:32pm
40 Comments

In a recent comment, I went off about the bad treatment Buckeyes have received when visiting Happy Valley.

You know what though there are 3 schools in the Big Ten that have reputations for being inhospitable hosts: Penn State, Wisconsin, and... us.

Does anyone remember the embarrassing stories that circulated after the 2005 Texas game? In 2009 I was standing behind 2 Midshipmen in line at the Exxon on Lane and Neil. And overheard one of them say to another customer, "We've heard stories about how fans get treated here. But you guys have been great to us. Everyone's been real welcoming."

Guess my point is let's break from this reputation we've gotten. Let's welcome our new B1G brethren. They really are thrilled to be in the Big Ten. And the ones I've talked to who are coming to town Saturday really feel like they are making a pilgrimage to one of college football's holy sites. Let's not spoil it for them by being douchebags.

I won't be there (will be watching on tv though). But if you are, please reach out to any Rutgers fans. Welcome them to the league. Invite them to your tailgate. Or buy them a beer. And please try to intervene if you see anyone treating them poorly.

Let's show them some good old midwestern charm. What do you think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments