Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

New (College Football) World Order

0 HS
NGBuck21's picture
October 11, 2014 at 5:17pm
14 Comments

I was rambling with a friend about Texas and the realignment thread. Then we talked about how much we missed the NCAA football game and how the conferences should govern themselves. My imagination went wild. We thought what would it be like if realignment caused 4 power conferences of 20 teams each and they split from the NCAA. Here is a quick draft of what I presented...

Overall look

-The conferences aligned as a whole coming up with their own rules
-Some centralized unit working on all the conferences behalf with some type of board members
-4 power conferences
-20 teams each
-Create a "salary cap" for schools to use for player promotions etc so boosters or local companies don't go nuts throwing money everywhere.
-scholarship limitations, practice walk on limitations, coaching/recruiting staff limitations, etc.

Post Season

-Create a true playoff
-4 divisions in each of 4 conferences
-All division winners in possibly?

Scheduling

-5 teams each division with 4 divisions in each conference.
-Move scheduling to 9 conference games and 3 out of conference.
-Play 4 in your division and 5 from another division in your conference.
-Rotate the division you play each year. (This allows players to play at least one game against everyone even if leaving as a junior.)

Am I completely stupid? I'm so bored without my Buckeyes today and I'm curious if I'm just off my rocker.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments