Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Burrow's Bulldogs bury Big Red

0 HS
Bucky Buck's picture
October 6, 2014 at 11:41am
6 Comments

Since I haven't seen a post yet on Joe Burrow's performance over the weekend, I thought I would pass along the details. 

Not many people gave Athens a chance playing away at Steubenville, with all the tradition and a packed house looking for the Big Red to put a real beat down on rural Athens High School. The Bulldogs however put on a stellar performance behind 447 all purpose yards and six touchdowns by Buckeye commit Joe Burrow and shocked Steubenville 58-42.

Burrow bounced back from two early fumbles to put up very J.T. Barrett like statistics on the night. He completed 20 of 27 passes for 370 yards and four touchdowns. He also rushed for 77 yards and two touchdowns. 

The 58 points scored were the most given up by any Steubenville team since 1963. The Athens Messenger referred to the win as "possibly the biggest regular season win in Athens history", which, I know, right?  Attendance at the game exceeded 8,000 at kickoff. 

Would love to hear from anyone who was able to make it to the game. This is very good news for Buckeye fans, to see Burrow take a step up in competition and perform like that in front of a hostile crowd. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments