Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

JT Barrett's Blazing Start continues

0 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture
September 29, 2014 at 12:56pm
5 Comments

Citro posted an article 2 weeks ago detailing the pace on which JT Barrett projects for this season...  Well with one more game under his belt, his pace has actually accelerated.  Link to Citro's article:  http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/09/40532/barretts...

Through 4 games, JT Barrett is now at 70/110 passing for 1087 yards and 13 TDs against 5 INTs.  That's a completion % of 63.6.  Rushing, he has 205 yards on 55 attempts and 1 TD which is an average of 3.73.  If we project this out 12 games, we get 3,261 passing yards with 39 TDs and 615 rushing yards with 3 TDs.  That's 3,876 yards of total offense with 42 TDs.  If we assume that we make the B1G championship game (I know, have to beat MSU first), that's 3,533 yards passing with 42 TDs and 16 INTs along with 666 yards rushing and 3 TDs for a total of 4,199 yards of total offense and 45 TDs.

In my comments on that past article, I tried to be careful about extrapolating data -- but I really only see one tough defense that we're going to play (two if we see Wisconsin in the B1G title game).  So at this point, it's not that unreasonable to expect his production to continue.  Our offense is not going to have another game like last week where we dominate TOP and gain 710 yards, but that doesn't mean we won't push 550-600+ through much of the B1G, which means we could see some very impressive numbers from JT for the regular season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments