Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Hoke should be fired...

0 HS
robb1379's picture
September 27, 2014 at 10:48pm
65 Comments

They're calling for Hokes head on mgoblog and for good reason. Hoke kept Shane Morris in the game after it was obvious his leg was hurt. The guy could barely walk and the coaches keep calling pass plays forcing him to run on it. Then Morris takes a wicked shot to the head and gets up visibly wobbly. He was actually getting help from his lineman to even stand. They keep him in for another play before they finally pull him for Gardner. But then, a couple plays later, Gardner losses his helmet and has to come off and they put Morris back in the game. 

When asked at the press conference Hoke said he was not aware of any head injury to Morris at the time and that he was a tough kid who wanted to be on the field. 

He kept Morris in after he was obviously hurt. Kept him in after a hit to the head and couldn't stand unassisted. Put him back into the game when Gardner had to leave. And then defends those actions by saying the kid wants to be on the field. Those actions and he answer after the game are reasons enough for ANY coach to be fired in this day and age. If I was a parent I sure wouldn't want my kid playing for a coach like that. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments