Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Re: Negativity & "Trolls"

0 HS
The Thrill is Gone's picture
September 13, 2014 at 8:19am
47 Comments

I've noticed something this week.  If you express an opinion even slightly negative about Ohio State football, you get blasted in the comments.  "You're a troll," "You're not a 'real' fan," etc.

Thing is, none of us makes the news.  We just hear about it.  We saw a bad product on the field last week.  We've seen some questionable decisions by the coaching staff.  We've seen a lot of highly-touted recruits not pan out the way we thought they would (at least to this point).  And now we have another off-field incident (a sad personal situation, but one that will the team negatively, no question).

I want the Buckeyes to win every week, regardless of who's on the field or on the sideline.  This goes for each of you, I know.  But when things aren't going so great, there's nothing wrong with having opinions and expressing them.  In fact, that's what this site is for.  Celebrating when things are good...venting when things are not.  (At least I think it is.)  There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that things aren't great on the Olentangy right now.  Nothing unfixable...but definitely some things in need of fixing.  You know?

That said, it's gameday.  We've got an opponent that our guys should put a hurting on.  I'm hoping our guys take the opportunity.  It'd be a lot of fun to watch.

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments