Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Curse of the Permanent Lights

0 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture
September 12, 2014 at 5:26pm
8 Comments

Think about it guys, before the Buckeyes played under their own permanent lights they were 850-318. That's a win percentage of .719! That's almost 72% better than their record since first playing under their own lights!

Braxton Miller hasn't completed a pass since they played under permanent lights. This is strange, because at Huber Heights, his team had permanent lights. Something must have drastically changed in the past 4 years that has taken away Braxton's ability to perform under his home stadium's permanent lights.

Before Ohio State played under their own permanent lights, Ray Rice had been kicked off the Ravens exactly ZERO times. So, he also must be be a victim of the Ohio Stadium permanent lights butterfly effect.

Do you know how many times Spencer Lanning was kicked in the face by kick returners BEFORE the Great State of Ohio jeopardized all of its charges with immobile torchery? Take a guess!

The reason I bring this all up is because I think I'm affected by the curse too. Since Ohio State played under their own permanent lights, I haven't had a single end of a work week. I'm hoping that curse lifts tonight, but I'm honestly not too hopeful. I also haven't hit a tee-ball home run, been fortunate enough to ride a tricycle, or graduated college since the lights cast their damning, negative shadow on our souls. 

If Ohio State beats Kent State tomorrow, maybe the curse can be lifted. If not, we're ripping down those damn lights.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments