Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Enough Already !!!!!!

0 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture
September 10, 2014 at 9:27am
72 Comments

I have been an OSU fan all my life.   I did not attend Ohio State but where I grew up in Southern Ohio we spread our scarlet and grey prayer rugs every evening at 6:00 PM, turned our upturned faces towards Columbus and said our prayers to Woody.   It was a fairly depressed place and OSU football was generally one of the only bright spots in an otherwise dull world so we looked forward to every game.  

I am fairly new to these boards, having found them and become addicted in the summer.   I am proud of myself that I have earned enough helmet stickers to actually post a Forum Topic.  :)   Now I experiencing them for the first time after a loss and I can only say one thing

Enough Already!!!!!!!!!!

I was as mad and disappointed as anyone when they lost a game I had taken for granted.   Apparently they did too, because ithey obviously failed to prepare for it.  I guess the coaching staff (and maybe some of the players) thought they were so talented that they would just run over this upstart unranked Va Tech team. SURPRISE!!!!!! Hopefully they will learn from this and we will be glad that it happened now and not at the end of the season.  

But I digress.  

The game was 4 days ago.  Stop with the further analysis.   Stop with the Fire Everyone on the Coaching Staff!!!!!!!  Stop with the Let's insert true freshman on the O line because they were highly ranked, in place of the redshirt freshman we have on the O Line that were just as highly ranked and are struggling.  (if a young line is struggling, will it get better by making it younger?????) 

I even saw one post yesterday calling for Ed Warriner's head.  Are you kidding me???? Two weeks ago this man was considered a God by every fan.   Who's next, Coach Mick?    I don't want to live in world where someone calls for Coach Mick's head.  

It was one game early in the season.   

As I said, I am new and was so taken aback at the outrage and (continuing outrage) that I went back and looked at the last 10 year's records because apparently OSU has never lost a game before. I omitted the Fickell year because that was just an aberration.  Imagine how surprised I was to learn that during Tressel's tenure OSU lost 21 games.  He only had one undefeated season.  Since I have seen umpteen posts comparing the two over the last 4 days, generally proclaiming Tressel's overwhelming superiority over Meyer I was shocked.   Tressel averaged 2.1 losses per season while Urban's teams have only lost 3 in 2.2 seasons.  His trend is much better than Tressel's who I loved.   Maybe going 24 and 0 spoiled us a bit and raised expectations to unreasonable levels??????

In Meyer's 6 years at Florida he lost 15 games, or an average of 2.5 a year, and he won two National Titles.   He even lost a game in each of his championship seasons. He did not have one undefeated season.   

I am not saying that we should not vent and scream and post whatever you like.  My wife won't sit in the same room with me when I watch a game and made the kids leave the room when they were young because of the language.  Half the stuff I read about being outcoached, unprepared and incapable of making adjustments I totally agree with.   But is is Wednesday.    Most coaches have a 24 hour rule: you can lament a loss for or celebrate a victory for 24 hours and then it is time to move on to next week.  We should have a max 48 hour rule on message boards.  

The sky has not fallen.  We can still win the B1G title.   We can still beat TTUN and Mich State.   Hopefully this is a humbling loss that the coaches and players learn from.    

Let's find new topics and move on, please 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 72 Comments