Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Meyer haters crawling out of the woodwork

0 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture
September 9, 2014 at 5:34pm
104 Comments

Like subterrainian termintes, the Meyer haters laid dormant for three years waiting for their chance to feed and infest. Instead of suburban family homes, their wood-like cravings were targeted toward internet message boards, talk radio and water cooler work conversations. Instead of chomping on lumber, they chomp at the bit to spout phrases like "I told you so", "Bring back Tressell", "I want a $4 million refund" and "Ed Warriner Can't Coach".

Instead of observing, learning and sharing their knowledge of Buckeye football, they lash out at the newly-arrived Floridian terminate partriarch. Sure, this King Termite has had a rough few feeding excursions, in fact, he has led his colony of young followers into dangerous ant infested territories. The ants have won the last few battles, but I can assure you this Termite mastermind will once again adapt and be worthy of your praise. The infestation is taking over my beloved, our beloved, summer villa known as Casa 11 Warriors.

To be serious, this team is young and inexperienced. We are coming off back-to-back undefeated regular seasons. We hit a brief period where we arent able to reload. It happens to the best of them. I am not saying we should all be the dreaded Homer Termite, as this termite is incapable of adjusting to change and times of unrest. I am saying maybe, just maybe we should be patient and let the King Termite lead. Look at this past decade for a history lesson -Texas, Notre Dame, USC, Florida, Florida State, Michigan, Penn State, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee. These are all perenial powerhouse teams that hit snags....some in recruiting, some in coaching and some in sanctions. Look at how some of these teams experienced one or two down years (8-3 seasons) and have snapped back. Before you say we are The Ohio State University. Please remember fans of ND, USC and Texas are some of the more successful teams in the last two decades. They thought the same thing.

Now for some optimism: Barrett will get better, if not he will eventually be replaced. The O-line will improve or they will be recruited over. WR will improve or someone behind them will step in. I would say the Defense will improve, but I think that King Termite discussed above needs a new Warrior Terminite to lead his colony's defense. Its okay to criticize and shout fowl language from time-to-time, but some of these posts around here lately have been insane in the membrane.

'

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 104 Comments