Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I miss Jim.

0 HS
darkhorse3d's picture
September 9, 2014 at 7:46am
35 Comments

I'm not talking about Tressel. (Although I miss him too). On Saturday night we scored three touchdowns behind an inexperienced line. We did so with a QB who for a majority of camp was not intending to start this year and who had yet to take a snap in a college game. We faced a VT Defense that looked early and often to exploit these facts. 

We could have won. We -should- have won. This is not due to the fact that we should have score more points although we should have and could have. As I watch this team lately I can't help but look back to this: 

Ohio State: 26

Oregon: 17

Ohio State may not have piled up 35 points in that game but what it was able to do was hold a high powered well coached Oregon team to 17 points. When you hold a team to 17 points you have a chance to win. 

I understand that Ohio State lost 35 to 21. The offence gave up 7 of those. Even so when you give up 28 points you stand the chance to lose. I remember shutouts. This team won't be shutting anyone out. Not even Kent State likely. For all the talk about SEC defense and what Urban wants to do with that side of the ball. For all the talk of 41 - 14 losses to Florida and 38 - 24 losses to LSU in a game we didn't deserve to be in. I would take any of the defenses run by one Jim Heacock over any of the ones we have seen under Urban. 

I miss Jim. I keep hoping one day to see the grey box announce that he has agreed to come out of retirement and help right this ship. The box never comes. Remember that D-Line from '02? He was the man behind it. It's possible that i'm just imagining things. Perhaps Urban will find the right cogs and it will all mesh and Next year will finally be the year. I hope so.

Bu I know that in late December or January the buckeyes will take the field to face some middle of the pack SEC team with the weight of the dead body that is the B1G conference on their shoulders and on that day as I have at the end of every game for the last three years Miss Jim. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments