Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Most of Meyer's coaching staff is bad.

0 HS
Brutus_Bully's picture
September 7, 2014 at 5:16pm
68 Comments

This team is still very much a work in progress because Meyer made some poor coaching hires when he got hired. I have never understood how Tom Herman calls plays, with Braxton and Hyde gone,his ineptitude is really coming to light. His inability to call shorter, quicker passes with any frequency and the inability to utilize our tight ends and the H Back position are inexcusable. It's nice that Zach Smith is Earle Bruce's grandson, but he has no business being the receivers coach for OSU. Fickell and Withers were a disaster that still has not been fixed. Chris Ash has helped, but I'm not sure if Ash can work this out or not, I think Meyer felt obligated to hire Fickell and thought he would have got another job by now. What OSU needs is to hire one good defensive coordinator and stick with that, if it's Chris Ash so be it. Kerry Coombs is a cheerleader and a high school coach at best who yells a lot. See our secondary and special teams performance, he needs to go, he's not that great of a recruiter anyways.

The reality is that we didn't beat any great teams Meyer's first year, Alabama would have killed us. We didn't play anyone elite last year, we played two very good teams in MSU and Clemson (0-2). I would not have wanted to see our defense last year against FSU or Auburn. it seems like the sky fell with Braxton's injury and our performance last night but it never really was that high. just reality.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 68 Comments