Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

#FireMeyer

0 HS
The Thrill is Gone's picture
September 7, 2014 at 4:13pm
40 Comments

No, not a "serious" title. No way Meyer gets fired, barring a scandal. He'll leave on his terms. At this point, I'm thinking sooner than later. #FireFickell has been replaced with #FireHerman. Below is a comment I left on a thread with that title. I thought I'd start this thread to see what you have to say.

Go Bucks. The program is bigger than any one individual.

's not Herman. It's not Fickell. It's Meyer. This team has no identity and lacks toughness. These are culture issues. The head coach is responsible for culture.

Last week (some of you might remember this). We needed a yard in Navy territory. They sent Dontre in motion and snapped it as he approached Barrett. Fake handoff to Dontre, then give to Elliott out of shotgun formation. Elliott got it (barely) but I swear I knew then that this team had a toughness issue. I looked at my Father in law and said "What the hell was that?" He knew exactly what I was talking about and said "I miss the old days." Misdirection. For one yard. Against a Navy squad that I admire but that gives up a ton of size up front to our supposed "beasts."

We used to be bullies. Now we get bullied. This is a too-smart, too-cute (read: soft) football team. What's sad is that it's by design. This is what Meyer has built.

I read in another thread, somebody wrote that we're trying to be like Oregon. I agree. One of Tressel's squads went to California a few years back and punched Oregon in the face for four quarters to win the Rose Bowl. "I miss the old days."

#FireMeyer.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments