Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Receiver problem due to poor recruiting, poor talent evaluation, and/or poor coaching?

0 HS
gn4011's picture
September 7, 2014 at 12:53pm
8 Comments

I feel that in the last few years, to OSU standard or to standard of elite teams in the nation, our receivers' play was subpar, including failing to separate themselves from their defenders frequently enough.  This problem may be due to one or more of the following factors: poor recruiting (e.g. failure to recruit a high-profile pocket passer might have scared off some elite receivers), poor talent evaluation, and poor player development resulted from poor coaching (e.g. as I recall the qualification of our receivers' coach was questioned by quite a few fans when he was hired).  I know that it is easy to say that it is a combination of all of those things, but I wish to know from knowledgeable fans on the relative importance of those factors (and others) that may contribute to the subpar performance from our receivers.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments