0 HS
HYDEYOKIDS's picture
September 7, 2014 at 12:53pm
7 Comments

1. Offensive line was bad. 

2. Play calling was bad.

3. J.T. did not look great.

4. Receivers did not play well either.

I actually think individually these elements were not quite as bad as they seemed though still bad, they just combined to make our offense close to nonexistent. The offensive line did not play great, but many of the sacks and disruption came on blitzes in the second half were even a good O-line would not hold for long. The play-calling did little to counter the blitzes and keep the defense honest which would help give our O-line a break, and J.T. is not the same caliber of athlete or experienced QB that Miller is, who could escape the blitzes, buy more time or rush for many yards, and the receivers dropped many catchable balls that could get us out of trouble. Put them together and you have disaster. 

On defense I think it is largely an improvement. While we struggled in the first half the defense they got better as time wore on, and while the LBs and secondary are not where I want them to be, it is unreasonable to think they will be great learning a whole new system in the offseason and playing in only 2 games. I think more time is needed before attacking the defensive coaches.

This was a good team that we knew was going to be a tough battle, blame is shared by everybody. However the only glaring mistake by the coaching staff was the offensive play-calling which I thought was the biggest changeable factor in why we lost. The good news is that it can be changed in a week. Will it? That remains to be seen.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments