Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

For the whiners, the haters, the complainers...

0 HS
tiph88n's picture
September 7, 2014 at 12:04pm
12 Comments

I am usually someone who just reads these forums to stay up-to-date with OSU football and digest everything that is posted to hear our fans opinions.  Having said that, last night was extremely disappointing, but please stop asking for everyone to quit, resign, get fired, or get benched!  This is ludicrous.

We are a VERY young team that is loaded with a lot of talent and I think everyone who bashed Braxton or thought we might be better without him owes him an apology.  He IS the reason our offense has been so amazing the last two years.  Our entire offense revolves around him, and once he got hurt everyone suddenly expects our team to

A) Plug in a RS FR at QB (without Braxton's skill set) and run the same offense.

B) Completely revamp our offense in 3 weeks to allow J.T. to be great.

I'm sorry, but I think watching players like Jameis Winston succeed has raised our expectations to inexplicably high levels.  The same could be said for any FR who has been electric in their first year playing college ball in the past 10 years.  With the great recruiting classes we've had over the past 3 years, we're expecting our FR to all be studs, and I truly believe many will be great or solid players, but let's be honest, we just aren't that good right now and we are REALLY young.

Our OL is young and inexperienced and we expected them to come in after losing 4 very good starters and play really well?  Get real!  The only SRs we have on offense are Daryl Baldwin, Jeff Heuerman, Devin Smith, and Evan Spencer...ugh Evan Spencer.  We've had some good OL classes, but those players are still really young.

As for our defense, I don't care how great Raekwon McMillan is now, when he can come in and push our SR MLB for playing time we have a problem.  Besides Doran Grant and Armani Reeves (who is behind Apple now I think, I could be wrong) our entire secondary is comprised of FRs and SOs.  Hell, we have 3 SRs starting on defense this year and one of them could lose their job to a true FR by the end of the year.  

We have had players slowed by injuries and transfer out (over the past 2-3 years) and our depth might be hurting a little bit, but we are a young team who should only get better by the end of the year. I know we expect greatness from our beloved Buckeyes year after year, but we have to accept that this year our team's youth and inexperience might show a lot more than we thought (and now at the QB position).  

This game was a much needed reality check for our team (and our fans) after playing so well the past two years with more VETERAN players.  While we continue to improve, please...please, support our coaches, support our players, and have high (but realistic) expectations for our team this year.  If our team continues to improve this year and Braxton is healthy next year...look out!  In the meantime, be a fan and not a fanatic.  With that being said...GO BUCKEYES!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments