Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Florida Urban vs OSU Urban

0 HS
WrightBuckeye's picture
September 7, 2014 at 12:15am
44 Comments

First, let me say that I really do like Urban Meyer. Now, with that said, I have some questions about his time here at OSU compared to his time at Florida. I know that he hasn't been here long, had to deal with 1 post season suspension, and lost his starting QB this year, but it seems odd to me that in his time here he has yet to win the Big Ten Championship, and can't field a solid defense. He has brought in a three top recruiting classes (he inherited an 8-9th ranked recruiting class at Florida in 05), has some of the highest paid coordinators (one Mensa OF Coordinator), and WORLD CLASS facilities, yet he hasn't had the impact here that he had at Florida. Why is that? Are our expectations way too high for him? Did he cheat like crazy in the SEC? Did he recruit a bunch of crazed convicts, and if so the why the hell isn't he doing that here, hell it brought wins, and lifted the SEC into college football dominance. Has he lost his mojo after his health issues at Florida? With that said, I am really curious to see what everyone thinks, and if anyone thinks Urban can honestly obtain national prominence on a consistent basis like he did at Florida? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments