Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Norte Dame Home and Home

BrutusBuckey3's picture
September 4, 2014 at 9:54am
51 Comments

Word on twitter is breaking that we have scheduled a home and home with ND for 2022 and 2023. Your thoughts???

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Your thoughts???

Notre Dame sucks.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+16 HS
KBonay's picture

Please close this thread- Buckeyesvstheword has done conquered it already.

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Not sure who this Norte Dame team is but I'd welcome a series with Notre Dame!

+2 HS
droessl's picture

It's Spanish for "North Dame"  

+3 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

They're the Dames that aren't from the sur

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+1 HS
jkleva's picture

It just came across Bleacher Report, September 2022 in Columbus and September 2023 in South Bend! 

If it's on BR, it MUST be true

+4 HS
Wilkins78's picture

Espn also reporting it.

Unky Buck's picture

It's only true when they put it on a slideshow. Otherwise it's just hearsay.

+4 HS
gunni070's picture

Hate BR for that very reason.  It's all about the page clicks I guess.

+3 HS

What, just because you want to see OSU's depth chart on there and have to click through 26 pages, you think that's absurd!??~!

+1 HS
zeeman60657's picture

Looking forward to another round of whipping some ND butt, just like 95/96

Zeeman60657

+2 HS

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

I was excited then I read 2022?? I'll be dead by then.

IH8UOFM's picture

My son will be 15 at that time and possibly ready to commit. I can dig it.

+2 HS
stittracer99's picture

Texas and Notre Dame now both on the schedule in 2022 and 2023

+1 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

That was my first thought.  When was the Texas series?  Between 9 conference games and a 3 game OOC slate that has Texas and ND (if true) that will be awesome.

+1 HS
OSUBias's picture

my thoughts are centered on how purple Kelly's face will be during the game, assuming he hasn't been fired by then (he will be).

Shitter's full

+3 HS

Even more pressing question.  Will Urban still be here?  I don't know why but I figured if we got 10 years out of him we would have done real well.  I still don't expect him to last longer than that.  Now, I hope he retires here but I just don't see it.

-3 HS
GoBucksOSU's picture

You seriously think OSU isn't his last coaching stop? I'm not debating how long he stays but he and his wife have already said he only came out of retirement because it was OSU.

+1 HS

Should have clarified retired.  I do think this is his last coaching job.  But I meant more of stay here as long as Woody Hayes and then retire.    I don't think he will and I still believe if we get 10 years out of him it would be a great run.  I just think he will have stepped away for good by then.  Like I said though, I hope this isn't the case.

+1 HS
OSUBias's picture

I don't think Urban will still be here, but I think he'll be retired. There's nowhere else for him to go, we have the biggest stage in college football and we know he doesn't have interest in the pros. I think we get 4-5 years out of him, tops. Once the current staff starts to turn over, he's going to struggle to get the new staff gelling and it's gonna age him 10 years. Once he sees the cycle repeating he's going to cultivate a replacement and then go out as a 4 time defending champion.

Shitter's full

JohnnyKozmo's picture

4-5 more years, or 4-5 years total?  Big difference

2022 is only 8 years away, so that would be his 11th season.  I could actually see him sticking around to coach that game, after all, ND was in his Out Clause in his UF contract.  He coached there previously, I would think that would be a big deal to him.

OSUBias's picture

I meant 4-5 more years, should have clarified. That would put him at 7-8 total at OSU.

Shitter's full

This is more along my thinking.  I think we get more like 8-10 years from him otherwise he is gone in 1-2 in your guess.  Unless you meant 4-5 more years.

I think we will be heavy favorites to win the NC in 2015.  Not sure we get 4 out of him in that time frame, but 2 is totally doable.

GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

What if he scheduled it because he plans on coaching Notre Dame by then????  

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

If only you had phrased it differently and left off the sarcastic remarks.  Yes, you would have been downvoted into oblivion but it would have been a Perfect 10 on the Troll-o-meter.

On the other side, we like to watch other fan bases melt down but could you imagine the meltdown here if he left us to coach them?  Yikes. This site might be down for a week straight.

Seattle Linga's picture

This is getting good - and something tells me that after the royal beat down Irish fans Still won't shut up

+3 HS
Jabba1977's picture

Looking forward to whooping up on the Irish!!

SECHATER77

bucks4nuts's picture

Que the Tshirt sayings..

"To The House"

Stellar's picture

Interesting that were scheduled to play both Texas and Notre Dame in 2022 and 2023. My bet is that one of those games gets moved between now and then.

BTBuckeye's picture

Breaks up with Michig@n because of more ACC conference games excuse....starts banging OSU

+5 HS
Unky Buck's picture

In 2023, we are playing Boston College, @ Notre Dame, and Texas. I have a funny feeling someone is being dropped from that schedule.

I hope not and if so it better not be Texas.  They are the team likely to be the best of those 3.

Unky Buck's picture

Oh, I agree. I would think the BC game would be rescheduled but we have a home and home with them too. But they did this knowing that was on the plate and we still have 2 OOC home games that year so maybe they won't. Crossing fingers at least.

Gray Box's picture

As of now, it appears that there will be nine B1G games to go with that out of conference schedule:

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Oh, I knew that. The 9 game B1G schedule comes into play in 2016 if I remember correctly. Which makes it a crazy OOC schedule.

shortbus20's picture

Some thoughts from twitter         

Brandon Castel ‏@BCastOZone  3m

RT @GerdOzone When Notre Dame drops Michigan to schedule Ohio State, you can see how serious increased importance of strength of schedule is

Ramzy Nasrallah ‏@ramzy  41m

Notre Dame announces Ohio State series during its final Michigan week, a series it shut down. Troll Level: 1,000,000 bridges.

• shortbus20
+1 HS
bucks4nuts's picture

Love tony on twitter 

"To The House"

Joebobb's picture

Yawn - I am tired of scheduling second rate teams. We already play our share of MAC schools.

+3 HS
Haubtimus Prime's picture

The players who will play in this game are at recess right now. 

+4 HS
Gray Box's picture
+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Kid Buckeye's picture

Great scheduling for the Bucks. I like.

OurHonorDefend09's picture

Glad we get to play my least two favorite schools now with Notre Dame being #1 and scUM #2.

The only thing bad about it is I'll be in my thirties by the time it is played...

Don't give up... Don't ever give up.

+1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

I got really excited to until I realized I'll be 40 years old by then..... just terrible to think about.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

TURD_BUCKET's picture

Notre Dame is "catfish" bait.

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

FUqUespin's picture

Continuing to prop up ND by playing them... Maybe they will be ready for the B1G after getting pummeled - again

FUqU, e!spin!!

BoFuquel's picture

Never allow The Whore Of South Bend in, we're putrid enough already. 8 years is a long time, look at how we have fallen in 8 years. From 3 Big Ten championships in a row to the mess we have had in the last 3 years. You can't deny it. GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

-2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

still a ways off, but super pumped

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.