Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Too many games, so little time

osu_killernuts's picture
September 3, 2014 at 1:42pm
42 Comments

MSU squares off against the Quacks at 6:30 pm EST, TTUN and Irish start at 7:30 pm EST, Hokies-Buckeyes start at 8:00 pm EST.

Conclusion - the college football gods hate me!  How should one watch all three games?  I'm thinking of shutting off my phone at 8 pm and DVRing the Buckeye game, while watching the second half of the MSU-Duck game (provided it's a good game).  Once that is over watch the Ohio State game from beginning of recording and hopefully catch up to it live by the end of game (keep Tums/Rolaids close by).  Sleep...wake up watch the DVRed ND-TTUN game at 8:00 am then get ready for NFL games on Sunday around 11:00 am while finally turning my phone back on.

Good plan or recipe for disaster?!?

YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I say you only watch the Buckeyes live and switch channels to the other games during commercial.

+13 HS
osu407's picture

That sounds like a good plan. I'll be DVRing and flipping around so there are no commercials in any, but I'll watch them all before I I to sleep. 

YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Commercials in football games are something I'll never be upset about.  

For instance, it's the perfect amount of time to get refill your beer and/or take a #1.

+3 HS
bleedscarletpissmaize's picture

You have the DVR and a pause button. You can refill and release fluids as you please good sir. Commercials will not control your duties on game day.

teddyballgame's picture

I'm ok with flipping back and forth to peek in on UM vs ND, but I wish I could watch the MSU/Oregon matchup at 3:30 though.

RK84's picture

Other football teams play on Saturday?

+6 HS
DCBuckeye33's picture

Love ya killernuts, as I do all buckeye diehards, but this is a stupid idea. if you have to tape a game, tape one of the others for gods sake. live osu football is heroin, not sure how you could last 60 seconds knowing its happening and you aren't watching

GO BUCKS

+8 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

If MSU and M*chigan win, BTN will play the games 400 times this year. Just watch Ohio State.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

Why watch anything other than OSU live? Plus, I'm sure those other games will ruin the others by giving updates throughout the game you choose to watch.

+5 HS
osu407's picture

Stanford USC might be interesting too at 3:30. 

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Sure, but that's basically the only other interesting game of the entire day. 

It's a shame these high profile B1G games are all happening at the same time.

GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

yes it will. I'm looking forward to watching that game. It's def a top heavy slate of games this week. as for the rest of the games outside of tOSU-VT, MSU-Oreogn, ND-Mich, USC- Stanford, there really aren't any other good games on.

Akron could give Penn State a game.

ECU @ South Carolina could be good, but starts at 7.

BYU-Texas will be a good game, but also starts later.

I think Navy- Temple may be decent. Temple just clobbered Vanderbilt on the road.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

PIP and WatchESPN.com

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+1 HS
edr4225's picture

watch ohio state live! stat track the others problem solved!

lets go bucks!!

zeversole's picture

^^^^^ This guys suggestion, really. Unless you want to risk getting game updates while watching the other games or letting your eyes wander down to the scroll.

Codeezy's picture

That's what I do. 3 TVs on mute with Paul Keels on. 

buckdubbs007's picture

Why is this even a thing... just watch the Buckeyes and DVR the others of course....

UFM

braneli's picture

It will be a glorious weekend of sports! I've missed it so much.

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Missou upset by Toledo anyone?

My plan:

watch USC-Stanford

Switch back and forth between USC-Stanford game and MSU-Oregon game

Watch MSU-Oregon until kickoff of ND-Michigan

Watch ND-Michigan until tOSU starts.

Flip back and forth between our game and ND-Michigan, while hoping to catch the ending of Oregon-MSU during halftime of the tOSU-VT game.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+2 HS
kevdale86's picture

I could never DVR an Ohio State game and watch something else. I don't care about the other games that much. I'm interested in them, but not to the point that I wouldn't watch the Buckeyes live. The Buckeyes have top priority when it comes to my football watching Saturday's.

+1 HS
BigZ's picture

More TVs is always the answer.

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

this is really not an issue in my world. Watch the others till 8pm kickoff and then flip to OSU game and lose the remote!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
bethmowins's picture

Buckeye Game > Any other game. Watch the others until the Bucks come on.

+1 HS
GABuckeye's picture

I'll be in Vegas, so I think they'll have enough TVs for me to watch all 3 at once!!

+1 HS
zeeman60657's picture

Gonna be in Vegas, baby!  Watching all 3 at the same time.

Zeeman60657

+1 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

You going with GA? You guys should hang out!

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

+1 HS
zeeman60657's picture

Who is GA?

Zeeman60657

bleedscarletpissmaize's picture

The guy above your comment who will also be in Las Vegas during the game Saturday.

zeeman60657's picture

Oh thanks, didn't see it.  Nope, don't know him.

Zeeman60657

buckeyebfd's picture

The easy answer, bdubs. And make sure to take a seat in front of an OSU tv

+2 HS
Wilkins78's picture

Agreed, this is where I'll be.

CC's picture

I don't know how you can do that.  I like BWW for non OSU games but I want control of the TV/Sound etc when watching the Bucks.  I also want to be able to act a fool while doning so.  I was flipping out 2 years ago against Purdue, it would have been a bad scene in BWW!

I'm Ron Burgundy's picture

Yep, the only way to go is more TVs. All you really need is a 2nd one to manage the MSU-Ore and ND-TTUN games, and a dedicated TV for once the Buckeye game starts.  It is nice they are all starting at offsetting times, so approximately halftime of the MSU game will be the start of the Buckeye game. And then halftime of the Buckeye game should be last 5-10 mins of the MSU game.

Personally, I couldn't care less about watching ND-Mich. Hate both teams, no one to root for, and it always seems like an ugly game. Because they both suck.

+2 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

There is no way you can watch one game and not hear about the others. They have scrolling scores, in-game updates, and the commentary is going to include talk of the other games especially if they are good. You can try a sensory deprovator approach and watch on mute with the bottom scroll covered by cardboard and closing your eyes during "live look-in" type things, but good luck with that

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

sox33osu's picture

Am I the only one who couldn't give a rat's ass about ND-ttun? I'll watch the Oregon-MSU game until the Bucks start and then it's all about us.

NashBuckeye's picture

Don't need to go to Vegas to watch all 3 games (although that sounds great!).  Any good Sports Bar should have all 3 games on. Watch the Buckeyes and then watch the other games during the commercials.

Seattle Linga's picture

Get to a sports bar with 3,183 70 inch HD TV - you won't miss a play

osu_killernuts's picture

I think I was delusional yesterday.  I'll either be at a bar watching all 3 live while focusing on OSU, or....watching OSU live at home with the other 2 games DVRed.

Thank you 11W brethren for talking some sense into me.  Whew, that was a close one!

Hate is a strong word.  I hate ESecPN almost as much as I hate the whole SEC conference which is a close second to TTUN.

+1 HS
CC's picture

Grasshopper - You have come to the correct conclusion.  Now go in peace.