Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Oregon/MSU

JohnnyKozmo's picture
September 3, 2014 at 10:34am
18 Comments

Watching some of the CFB shows on the Mothership this week,  and it's interesting how they are presenting the case of MSU being able to beat Oregon, because tough, physical teams have been able to in the past 5 years.  I have seen this now on multiple shows, and they always only reference Stanford, Auburn, and LSU.  Do they seem to forget the Rose Bowl was played in 2010, when OSU beat Oregon?  OSU beat Oregon that day up front, which is exactly how you have to beat them, and yet for some reason, the Mothership seems to forget this game ever happened.

WezBuck28's picture

Are you watching ESPN?

bbb's picture

Who cares, let's just keep on winning

DCBuckeye33's picture

You know ESPN is going to annoy you. Yet you watch ESPN then complain that it has annoyed you? Let it go man! Enjoy the ride!

GO BUCKS

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

It's like a relationship with an imbalanced person. She does a couple good things to make you keep the hope but does enough awful shit that makes you think "Why do I put myself through this?" Best to cut the chord as it never gets better.

+2 HS
DCBuckeye33's picture

perfect way to describe it. also love the username and pic

GO BUCKS

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Thanks for the compliment. And I know of that situation all to well from the last lady friend...freaking psycho hose beast.

Ahh Saturday's picture

Opened this thread looking for Oregon/MSU and instead got OSU/ESPN. 

+8 HS
osu07asu10's picture

The old bait and switch....

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

This dog knows what you're talking about...

+3 HS
Montana silver bullet's picture

Think the LB play of MSU is critical against the Ducks short passing game. Mariota gets the ball out of his hands quick--

Montana Silver Bullet

45OH4IO's picture

MSU also wants to keep the ball out of Oregon's hands. Get some long, sustained drives that eat up the clock and force Oregon to push and you can get a few turnovers. That starts a nice Oregon downward spiral.

However, you do not want to get too far behind Oregon, because MSU's offense is not designed for a shootout/comeback. Stay within two scores.

+1 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

Dantonio will try to beat Oregon the way Tressel beat Oregon. Upfront, good LBs cutting off the quick passes, and time of possession/field position (aka Tressel ball)

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

osu_killernuts's picture

I know stats don't mean a whole lot game to game (see tOSU giving up 370 on the ground to Navy)...yet, look at the box score from the Oregon-South Dakota game last weekend.

South Dakota averaged 4.4 per carry on the ground for 172 yards rushing while 18-34 passing for 198 yards, 19 first downs and only 1 turnover.  A fairly balanced attack that was just shy over 400 yards.  Insert MSU's balanced attacked with better rushing and passing along with a defense about 10x better than South Dakota....this has the makings to be a great one.  Couple that with the fact that Oregon 'struggles' against defenses like MSU (see Stanford, OSU, LSU in recent years).

I'll take the points and MSU, while I think MSU makes a statement and wins by 10 straight up.

Hate is a strong word.  I hate ESecPN almost as much as I hate the whole SEC conference which is a close second to TTUN.

KBonay's picture

Welp, after Wisky's meltdown the B1G's perception really comes down to this weekend.  MSU, Michigan and Ohio State all have big games. And all need to win. 

osu_killernuts's picture

MSU 37 - Oregon 27

scUM 31 - ND 20

tOSU 28 - VT 13

It will be a good weekend in Big Ten country.  And if I'm wrong, I'm not listening to any national sports shows on the radio and will watch the remainder of the Buckeyes games on TV muted (should probably take this advice anyway)

Hate is a strong word.  I hate ESecPN almost as much as I hate the whole SEC conference which is a close second to TTUN.

+3 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Oregon 38 Msu 30

ND 59       scum 9

tOSU 34  VT 13

-1 HS
rock flag and eagle's picture

They also didn't mention Boise State, which beat Oregon the same season as Ohio State beat Oregon.  ESPN hates Boise State with a passion!

+2 HS
Mortc15's picture

This explains why the OSU win isn't a big deal. If Boise can beat Oregon, so should OSU.

Buck-I4Life

+2 HS