Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

16A

VTBUCK's picture
September 3, 2014 at 8:54am
17 Comments

I got tickets in 16A row 25... I paid $300 for a pair. Is this good/bad? 

I don't have a parking pass and plan on leaving Virginia around 11AM that day. Heard its gonna rain so not worried too much about tailgating. What time do gates open to the stadium and what is one thing I should see, like can't miss?

Thanks ya'll

osu_killernuts's picture

Rain or shine, there will be tailgating.  We are not fair weather tailgaters in Columbus, haha

Hate is a strong word.  I hate ESecPN almost as much as I hate the whole SEC conference which is a close second to TTUN.

+2 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

If you haven't been to Ohio State for a game day tailgate I would definitely suggest doing so.  It's a most memorable experience and if you want to take that in I would be in a lot by 3PM for an 8PM game.  You don't need a parking pass for the lots that aren't as close to the stadium.  From that point I'd hit up Skull Session, definitely a can't miss event as well.  You also should have ass in seat by 7:30 so you don't miss out on the band entrance and pregame.

OSUStu's picture

Is this good/bad? 

It is always good to have tickets to the game.  No point in worrying about money that is already spent.  

If you are only going to see one thing on campus (and I highly suggest you see more), I would do the long walk down the Oval from East to West.  Start at the Wexner Center and walk toward the library.  Then just south of the library is Mirror Lake.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Citrus's picture

You got a great deal.

I wouldn't try to park too close. Park on a side street off High Street a couple MILES north of Lane Ave. (Just south of Morse in Clintonville works great). Hop on the Bus for $1.25 or $2.00 (I can't remember which) and take the bus to campus. Take a walk around the oval and take campus in. You'll enjoy yourself.

LoudBuckeyeGirl's picture
Nice seats. The ramp entrance by the band is a must see, so be in your seats early. Gives me goosebumps. I can live without the skull session, but tailgating is a must, rain or shine. The place will be hopping.  Follow the OSU Traffic and Parking and the OSU Police twitter accounts for up to date parking/traffic information. T&P will let you know when certain lots are full, for example.

Go Bucks!

Loud Buckeye Girl

OSU '84 '90

VTBUCK's picture

Thanks. We will take off a little earlier and make some tailgates but I am interested in seeing campus and the band for sure. 

Bugsyk's picture

Great Seats, and a very good price.  Lane Avenue has food, music, and crowdgating from the river to High Street.  The skull session is wonderful, and starts 2 hours pre kick.  You'll also want to witness the band making the entrance to the Skull session.  Forecast for rain, I'd suggest buying a better quality poncho and bringing it with you vs buying one onsite.

LoudBuckeyeGirl's picture

https://twitter.com/OhioState_TP
https://twitter.com/OSUPOLICE

You might look at the South Campus Gateway parking garage  - privately owned, but they have a shuttle to/from the stadium. http://www.southcampusgateway.com/map.html

We usually park in the Ohio Union Garage.  If you are in OK shape, that puts you in a place where you can walk across campus (the Oval, by the library, down to the stadium). I love that walk because it reminds me of my days on Campus. Most tailgates are on the other side of the horseshoe - on Lane Ave, Woody Hayes Drive, etc.

I'd recommend walking back to the garage after the game, as waiting for a shuttle can sometimes take -hours- before you can even get on a shuttle. I know this from a friend who once parked at the Ohio State Fairgrounds and took the bus/shuttle they offer from there. We usually go up to High street to relive my misspent youth at the Out-R-Inn. After a night game, however, it will be nuts, more so than ever.

With a night game, there is no way to avoid traffic out. No cab, no bus, no car will move quickly. Everyone tries to leave at the same time, rather than staying to tailgate. Our best strategy to date has been to park on South campus (usually the Ohio Union Garage) then take Neil Avenue south towards the Short North (where we usually stay). It isn't a bad walk across campus in either direction.

Go Bucks!

Loud Buckeye Girl

OSU '84 '90

VTBUCK's picture

Thanks so much!

airbuckeye's picture

Any seat in A section is a good seat sounds like just about where i was setting for the USC game back in 09 . Two Hundred for the pair or $200 each? I baught a pair for that USC game somewhere up in corner of the South game for $400 then saw another pair a few days later $300 right about where you are going to setting. I baught those then turned around and resold the first pair for the same price i paid for them and ended up with better seats and paying a hundred less.

So even though you have great sets never stop looking for something better but had least you have game tickets in hand now and who knows you my be able to do even better. Have a blast enjoy the game and BE LOUD.

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Whoever sits here, I'm texting Brutus to 69050

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well played Spice - that was funny

I was thinking about reporting the entire band for standing and being loud

VTBUCK's picture

What does that mean ha ha

VTBUCK's picture

Nice. I figured everyone stood. Atleast thats what we do. Thanks for the headsup. 

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

16A, row 25 = VERY good seats.

Class of 2010.