Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

J.T. Barrett on ESPNU

UrbanRenewal's picture
September 3, 2014 at 7:31am
21 Comments

J.T. Barrett will be featured on ESPNU Film Session today at 6:30 pm. Just thought I'd share that with everyone. I know it's a small sample size so far but I think it'll be interesting to hear what they have to say.

dubjayfootball90's picture

well, seeing as i will finally be getting my comcast fixed today, looks like i will be tuning in!!! thanks for the heads up

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Good to see that JT will be getting some love from the national media

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Wow nothing but good things to say, except arm strength which they say he  makes up for with his eyes and anticipation.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Well that was refreshing. They were pretty high on J.T Barrett. Good to see him getting the credit he deserved. Just one game at a time.

+2 HS

J.T. had a 99.9 QBR in the second half of the Navy game...50 is average and 100 is max. Both guys said tOSU fans and coaches should be really excited.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
aztecs4924's picture

He had 3 passes in the second half, not that special of a number when put in perspective.

giving the competition buck eyes

Was 4 out of 4 on their official stat chart they showed but I guess people can spin things any way the want to spin them.

+4 HS
SilverState's picture

Millen really liking what he sees with Barrett. Among other positives, says his ability to anticipate the defense is great, and helps overcome good, but not great arm strength.

+1 HS
OSU725's picture

That's great because we all know that Millen knows how to judge college talent!!!! Sorry couldn't help myself. That being said I am really excited to see Barrett continue to improve and lead this team!!!!!

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I turned it off before they got to him. It took too long.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

-2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

He looked like he had good pocket presence. I didn't see him locking on one receiver either, did you guys?

+5 HS

No,and they actually showed him looking off receivers and shifting coverage with his eyes which is a veteran move.

+3 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Man Groveport, I'm already getting goosebumps for Saturday night.  Seeing J.T act like a veteran in just his first start is very encouraging. I think the whole arm strength thing is overblown. I didn't see him throwing any wounded ducks out there.

+4 HS
irishfury's picture

I don't get the arm thing or the he slow thing either.  One of the things people who watched him in Texas said he had a rocket and was fast.   I watched his highlights and had some great runs and some 50 yard in the air passes.  Also somone who is not fast doesn't get 50 yards rushing there first game in College.

+1 HS
QueenCityBuckeye's picture

They were very positive on Barrett. He definitely understands the offense and does a really good job of going through his reads. 

+2 HS
irishfury's picture

If anyone has I a link I would love to watch.  Thanks.

+3 HS
bucks4nuts's picture

Re airs tonight at 11pm on the U. 

"To The House"

+3 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Thanks. Got the DVR set.

buckdubbs007's picture

Damn missed it, is there a link somewhere that has this?

UFM      bucks

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

It comes on again in 15mins.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.