Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

New Stadium Policy

Buckeyebrowny919's picture
September 2, 2014 at 9:33pm
40 Comments

For some reason the forum is not working too well on my pad, but has anyone mentioned the ability to text Ohio Stadium security now for someone not sitting during the game? Hope you boys like sitting on your thumbs at a live game. 

faux_maestro's picture

Hate the Drake. 

Inní mér syngur vitleysingur

+8 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Because this doesn't totally reek of an OSU Athletic Department decision?

I get that Drake is ultimately the top guy, but he's got waaaaay more important stuff to worry about with the semester starting. I'd be shocked if he's even touched athletics so far. 

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

brandonbauer87's picture

I just....nevermind. 

+4 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Haha it's just that I actually like Dr. Drake and I've been a fan since he was hired. *DUCKS FOR COVER*

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I've had some conversations with facilities and they think this is just lip service.

The response I got was, can you imagine 60,000 drunk fans texting about the other ones just to be difficult. Maybe it isn't, but I don't think you're going to have an issue

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Who the hell gets service in the Shoe anyways?

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS

I'm just amazed, I think, that that sentence was put into writing in the stadium policy. Bring on the golf claps lol. 

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I can't find anything yet about it, where did you see it?

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

NashBuckeye's picture

Did Dave Brandon work his way into the OSU Athletic Department? $150 to go to a game and now you have to sit down every play?  I hope the people enforcing this rule exercise a lot of restraint with the "Sit Down" rule.

+7 HS
Norwalk's picture

I hope we're allowed to stand during the fireworks!

+4 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Now is the time for peaceful civil disobedience.  There is a higher Buckeye law that we must follow.

nikolajz1's picture

I bet some old rich alum who donates a lot complained and now everyone else has to suffer since everything's always about money. 

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Wonder if it's all just lip service, in that case. No way they'll enforce the "standing" rule. They'll enforce people who are too drunk but that's about it.

But hey, as someone who's going to be in the student section for my final year, this hardly even applies to me. Every student will be standing, as they should.

+1 HS
William's picture

This. The only time I sit in the student section is halftime, and even then TBDBITL usually puts out some banger of a halftime show that you just have to stand and watch. 

FitzBuck's picture

So if you stand = bad

if bad they make you sit.  

If we play well  people stand

Playing well = bad

(Wait I'm confused is the answer C?)

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+7 HS
CCatanzaro's picture

Finally!  Now, if only they would put a limit on crowd noise; I hate being there and just hearing people clapping and cheering the whole time.  It's also annoying that everyone wears scarlet jerseys/t-shirts..  It hurts my eyes to see that much of the same color in one place.

Dairy-fed intellect and pure, unhinged sass.

+8 HS
lljjgg's picture

Yeah, I've heard they plan to institute a policy wherein no one may make a noise of any kind in the stands; instead, everyone may give a gladiatorial thumbs up when OSU is doing well, and a thumbs down when OSU is doing poorly. A horizontal hand wavering to indicate "meh/so-so" is still up for debate (there's fear that too much hand waving may create a distracting whirring noise).

+3 HS
Buckshaw79's picture

If this becomes a "thing" it will be what drives me from going to Ohio Stadium, I love going to the Horseshoe but I like to stand, and be loud. For $120 a ticket, as long as someone is not being vulgar or completely inappropriate the whole game, then they should be able to stand and scream, yell, cheer, whatever they want. 

"Be the man your dog thinks you are"

+1 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

I do this weird half standing yelling crouch thing.

I hope I don't go to jail

+1 HS
William's picture

As a student I more so partake in the whole "Get loaded and scream expletives for 3 hours" strategy. 

+3 HS
npilolli's picture

Just another step towards what I like to call the "Bitchification" of America...pretty soon there will be no clapping...then it will be no talking..I mean c'mon, where does it stop???

I will be in attendance for the Cincinnati game and for the prices I paid for tix I can assure you that I will be standing when I want to stand. 

O-H-I-O!!!!

+5 HS
J.Mo's picture

Good luck sending a text in Ohio Stadium. And the demographic that sits during games don't know how to text... Or their jitterbug plan doesn't come with texting.

+15 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

This is just unbelievable. The administration at Ohio State has done everything in their power to subdue the atmosphere at football games. They have basically removed all tailgating from right outside The Shoe. They turned our regular home jerseys into some kind of Nebraska/Wisconsin hybrid by removing the grey stripes. We have THE most expensive tickets in college football and now no standing during games! Its an absolute joke. Buckeye football has gone full corporate. 

We need an administration that understands the tradition of this program. Bring back the iconic grey stripes and don't take advantage of Buckeye Nations passion by squezzing every dime they're willing to pay out of them for tickets. 

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

This is ridiculous. The price of these tickets are usually anywhere from $100-$1000 dollars. If I pay that much for a ticket, I'm going to stand during plays if I want to. Also, usually the fans are sitting when the game is going badly. You stand when your team makes a good play. This rule just doesn't make any logical sense.

+1 HS
Nick_Satan's picture

Just drink a lot before you go. So then you may not be able to stand. It may not bother you as much. It says to do it in the I wanna go back to ohio state Song so get with it lol.

William's picture

This is just idiotic. There is no other way to describe this policy. Text if someone won't sit down? This isn't a PBS period crime TV show that you and your blue hair husband watch in your separate twin beds, it's a fucking football game. You stand and you cheer, and you don't fucking sit if you're physically able to stand. 

+2 HS
mr.green's picture

If enforced, this policy would rive me away forever.  

mr.green's picture

Maybe we should all send txt messages complaining about people standing in the last row of D deck. We can play this game. We can keep the text police busy and far away. 

+4 HS
Qujo's picture

How and what exactly is this txt thing? 

"Tough times don't last, tough people do" - Gregory Peck

TheVictoryBell45's picture

Forget this bogus administration! Make The Shoe the loudest crowd in football Saturday night.

Bucksfan70's picture

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/09/02/columbus-ohio-ohio-state-rolls-out-new-changes-on--off-the-football-field.html

"terrorists" are everywhere, so be suspicious of everyone and everything.

living in fear of nothing and everything is "normal", so report anyone that makes you feel afraid.

welcome to concentration camp.

“Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't.” - Jerry Rice

BigZ's picture

Its not about the experience, its all about the $$. So sad...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Calm down everyone. We all know how well cell phones work in the Shoe on game day.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS

I just got a sports news flash from the cbssports app saying "Ohio St fans can text to report other fans standing." So this is a thing now. ..

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

SHAWNEE_FOREST_BUCKEYE's picture

OSU should designate sections in the stadium for standing and sitting fans. I believe the Crew has a section or two in their stadium where they support the fans standing and cheering for the game. Label the ticket for standing or sitting section so the fan knows before hand so there is no complaints in the stadium.

Like others have stated good luck sending a text in Ohio Stadium.

Gobucks2204's picture

Great. Now the national media will make us look like a bunch of losers. Who do we contact to make our voice heard about this new ridiculous policy?

edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

+1 HS
BuckeyeChuck's picture

More than a decade, a former roommate and I attended a game in the 'Shoe.  (We've attended more than 100 games together.)  He's large, painfully loud, and exemplifies the passion that all Buckeye fans should have.

We were near the rail in C-deck. He stood up for the opening kick off and immediately the people behind him started clamoring for him to sit down.  He turned around and gave them lip, but once an usher showed up, he sat down.  One of the accusers sat directly behind me.  I turned to him and said "You are going to miss every big play in this game."  He inquired what I meant and I said "You can force me to sit down in between plays, but if something good happens, or if I *think* something good is going to happen, I'm going to jump up from my seat, maybe with my arms in the air, and start yelling."  And that's exactly what I did.  I suspect he missed many big plays, and lots of small plays too.  But what's he going to do?  He's going to complain that the guy in front of him stands up and cheers when good things happen for the Buckeyes?

Nearly 200 Buckeye football games attended since 1989 and counting...

+1 HS
ElGato69's picture

Large and painfully loud?  I'd substitute tall for large, but I resemble the "painfully loud" pretty much!  Thanks former roomie "Chuck" :-)