Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

EzE's Struggles on Saturday [*My 2 Cents*]

0 HS
hcazualcc's picture
September 2, 2014 at 6:57am
41 Comments

I'm going to start off by saying I was not sold on Carlos Hyde before last season, I thought Rod Smith had *it* - he was an off the charts athlete and looked like Eddie George.  Carlos Hyde, hmm, he looked like a slower, less well built version of Beanie Wells. Boy was I wrong, but he shares some of Beanie's strengths.  Vision & patience.  Add to that his tremendous balance and that was what made Hyde so great.

I'm not trying to be a hater, but EzE has very little of these traits as of today.  The great thing about this criticism is that he can learn and work on them.  Going 100 mph into your offensive line is not going to work out well unless the defense messes up and blitzes from the outside.  As a matter of fact, I think Curtis Samuel did a better job of letting his offensive blocks develop up the middle on Saturday.  I want EzE to be our guy between the tackles, and let's face it, we already have our guys outside the tackles, so he's going to need to work on his power game and utilize his speed burst when appropriate.

I expect our running game to be a work in progress.  We will need to rely on decoys and jet sweeps in order to run up the middle until we get a little more savvy with our up-the-middle running. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments