Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

What Would You Do: My Virginia Tech Seating Situation

UrbanBuckeye's picture
September 1, 2014 at 10:25pm
20 Comments

So, I have reserved student tickets (assigned seating and higher up in the south stands). A fellow student has offered me his Block O North (general admission in A deck) ticket for my reserved south ticket (32B) + $15. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, considering my ticket is up high and in the southeast corner. That said, then I am also away from the south stands fun. Whatcha think? Block O North are really good seats though. Middle of the end zone and in A deck. I'm leaning towards accepting his offer, but would like to know about your opinion. What say you?

Update: Decided to take the deal and I will be noisy as ever in Block "O" North! Go Bucks!

Knarcisi's picture

How cute are the girls in O North?

+1 HS
UrbanBuckeye's picture

I'll be set with cuties either way! Lol.

In Urban We Trust!

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Then go sit with some new ones!

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Take the offer.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

A better seat for $15?

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
UrbanBuckeye's picture

Right. Lol. Gotta love the south stands though. Gets rowdy there! Maybe I'm overthinking this?

In Urban We Trust!

+1 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Yes......You are thinking yourself out of a deal

+1 HS
Norwalk's picture

I will be texting. BTW I really think we should consider renaming this section the South Sits.

RKilbane20's picture

Whatever you do don't be those assholes who sneak 25 of their friends into their section.

Class of '14 & '16

+1 HS
UrbanBuckeye's picture

That's awful that people do that, but it doesn't surprise me.

In Urban We Trust!

OSU069's picture

Take the offer.

+1 HS
Go Buckeyes14's picture

DO NOT TAKE THE OFFER! I was a student from 2010-2013 and every student ticket I had was somewhere in the south stands. Block O kids are a bunch of weenies and the south stands atmosphere is WAYYYYYY better than anywhere else in the stadium.

UrbanBuckeye's picture

So a seat up high and in the corner in south is better than a good seat in the north? I understand the atmosphere aspect for sure, that's why this is a tough decision. Bad seat + great atmosphere > good seat + okay atmosphere?

In Urban We Trust!

+2 HS
Go Buckeyes14's picture

There's no such thing as a bad seat in the stadium. Especially not in the south stands, but that's just one mans opinion. The atmosphere makes all of the difference.

+1 HS
BuckeyeStrong2's picture

if you can make it to the stadium early enough to get a good Block O seat, do it!

+1 HS
UrbanBuckeye's picture

8pm = no problem getting there early! Noon may be a little harder.

In Urban We Trust!

OH_IO's picture

I say take the offer.  My student tickets last year were less than desirable (7C... fml).  The year before I was in Block O South.  It's two totally different experiences, but there is a whole season of football for you in 32B.  Go experience something different. 

Oh yeah... Is it reasonable?

+2 HS
UrbanBuckeye's picture

Last sentence is especially helpful. Thank you. I have my south reserved tickets for non-conference and have north C-deck for B1G games. Forgot to clarify that part. If I choose to take the deal, then I will be able to sit in 3 different parts of The Shoe. Never really thought of it that way, so thanks!

In Urban We Trust!

airbuckeye's picture

I sat in the south block 3 or 4 years ago and had a F ing blast with those kids but i have sat there many time's before in the 60's 70's and 80's and back then it was fun but the kids up there now are of the chain. I know when they starting jumping up and down i figured what the hell go for till i found old age and gravity don't mix well LOL.

+3 HS
apack614's picture

You should just give me your tickets :)

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS