Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Way too early fire Herman thread

ohiowhitesnake's picture
August 30, 2014 at 1:51pm
27 Comments

But seriously this offense needs to take more shots. 

The Rill Dill's picture

May be way too early, but I'd sign off on it.

-10 HS
ap2538's picture

Let's give some time to break JT in before we start this.

+3 HS
nikolajz1's picture

Herman was lucky to have Hyde and Braxton for two years. Even with them he ran an uninspired, extremely conservative offense that really didnt get better. 

+2 HS
rosycheeks's picture

This is not factually correct.

+4 HS
Eph97's picture

Honestly, never was too impressed by his play calling ability. Always seemed too vanilla, and often relied way too much on just letting Braxton run. I'm not saying fire him, but I won't be too disappointed when he leaves to become a head coach. OSU has way too much talent to be struggling to score points. They should be scoring at will when you consider the talent mismatch in nearly every game.

-3 HS
BrowardBuckeye's picture

I'd say his biggest fault is trying to be too cute at times instead of too vanilla...esp short yardage situations. I feel like he "Mensa's" himself and thinks too much at times, but im nowhere near the "Fire Herman" bandwagon.

+1 HS
Toilrt Paper's picture

With  a line that can't protect and a freshman QB??

The Clean North's picture

Please just slow the hell down. I hate it when people change allegiances so quickly. 

+9 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

A couple weeks ago, Herman was a star coach on this team and many of our fans were just praying we got to keep him an extra year or two before he left to become a head coach elsewhere. I guess all it takes is 30 minutes of game time to turn on your own team.

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Where is the way too early to over react thread?

+6 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

EVERYWHERE

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

BAH GAWD.

In other news, beer is tasty.

+1 HS

I wouldn't disagree

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Yesterday's, OCNJ.

I've damaged their Sam's Summer Ale.

I haven't had a good beer in a while...then again, I don't think I've drank in like 2 years...

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Just about felt the same.

I had a bourbon ale at Claddagh Irish Pub in New Port, that was freakin delish. But a day out with the family limited the number I could drink

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Wife gave me free reign.

My birthday weekend...she came through with flying colors.

Hey, happy birthday big guy

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Navy Fans are now calling for Herman to be fired. How do you say....torched. 80 yard TD

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS
Canukbuck's picture

Herman made one bonehead call - running option inside the 5 yard line, when two yards would have given us a first and goal.  What imbecile would run option against arguably the best option team in the country.  Flat out stupidity, period..... Other than that, I thought he called a pretty good game, considering breaking in a kid at QB and 4 new O-Linemen.  With those two TD passes, J.T. should have some more confidence and he'll just get better.  As advertised - very Guitonish .....

libera's picture

I am glad that you caught this also: I turned to my brother and said the same thing. Why call an option play against a defense who practices against it for like the last seven years? Other than that, I thought the game went pretty much as expected. Try to play it safe the first half, get many of the skill players in and get a feel for the game. Then in the second half, the team both offense and defense took over. Bring on VT now.

+1 HS

Yeah, I HATE when coaches try and get cute and run speed options for the first time!

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I get that maybe it's not great to run that against Navy, but they'd stuffed us before in a short-yardage run up the middle. The speed option to the outside on a 3rd and short has actually worked the few times Herman's offense ran it last year. Kenny had a huge run with it against Cal. Basically the same playcall.

Not a bad playcall. Barrett had a lane to get the first down and didn't take it.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

HYDEYOKIDS's picture

I think the linebackers were the biggest concern on the field at the end. It took them till the end of the 4th to start covering the RB on the option, which they ran over and over again for hundreds of yards