Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Ole Miss not looking like a top 25 Team

whiskeyjuice's picture
August 28, 2014 at 10:35pm
24 Comments

Ole Miss has had 10 pre-snap penalties and there is still over 12 minutes left in the 4th QTR

whiskeyjuice's picture

Boise ST has thrown 3 interceptions. This could be in Boise St's favor if not for the miscues.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Seattle Linga's picture

I think they are missing coach Petersen already

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Ole Miss's defense played one hell of a game, though. They beat the crap out of Boise, who couldn't move the ball all game long.

They're lacking discipline on offense, that's pretty obvious. Bo Wallace threw some really bad picks and the line false started quite a few times. But that defense was nasty tonight.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
braneli's picture

SEC-dominance.

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

+2 HS
ITWASME's picture

I do wish we used a big target like Treadwell though *cough* Jeff Greene *cough* *cough*

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I have tempered my expectations for young Mr. Greene as I haven't been hearing his name much.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS
cinserious's picture

This is how Jeff Green will be remembered after this football season....

dkm
Cereal box = blocked field goal kick.

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

-1 HS
THE's picture

Ole Piss. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+1 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

last year Ole Miss got elevated into the top 25 for I think like 2 weeks and topped out at 17 or 18 because ESPN wanted more SEC teams in the top 25.......same thing here. Before long you won't see them anywhere near the top 25

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

cdub4's picture

They will probably win 8-9 games and finish in the top 25.

whiskeyjuice's picture

I'm going to be rooting hard for the Badgers to whip up on LSU

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+5 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

That would be a huge win for the B1G, but if they win it'll be written off as an early season game before LSU really got going. If Wiscy loses it shows SEC dominance though.

Young_Turk's picture

Think I heard a guy on Espin say something like….

A&M's strong showing vs. 9th ranked USC is a compelling case for 3 SEC teams making the playoff.

dubjayfootball90's picture

Would not surprise me if they actually all thought that after Thursday night.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

So I imagine South Carolina stays somewhere in the top 12. Do they get jumped by Ole Miss?

-1 HS
apack614's picture

I'm thinking 14 for SC, Ole Miss should jump..

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

-1 HS
512buckeye's picture

Bo Wallace looked mediocre.

Let's party, Columbus.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

He looked awful in the first half but he really came on strong in the second half. But, again, that defense was nasty.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

sivaDavis's picture

They put more SEC teams in the top 25 so they can point to big ranked matchups wins to make a more compelling case for mid and high level SEC teams. SC didn't look like the 9th ranked team in the nation last night that's for damn sure. But if Texas A&M wins 10-11 games and SC loses 6-7 this year, they will still say "Oh well A&M beat a top 10 team, and so and so only had one win against a quality top 25 opponent." Yeah no shit they beat a top 10 team but SC ended the season outside the top 25, they weren't a top 10 team to begin with. Ole Miss is a top 20 team? Nah. The SEC bias is real folks.

Whoever said it last night nailed it on the head.

"ESPN was the SEC Network before SEC Network." 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

CC's picture

I would love to see how the combined ranking of 2 teams in the same conference changes when they play.

I have a feeling if 2 SEC schools play, one being 9 and one bein 22 (31 total) the outcome of the rankings after the game will be less than 31 after they are re-ranked.  If it were the B1G I bet it would be > 31 after they play.  It just always seems to happen that way.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

They really should have just rebranded ESPN insteading of launching a new station.  Would have been cheaper.

BTBuckeye's picture

Ole Miss D Line was looking pretty legit.

PittBuckeye's picture

Lets consider the competition here they weren't exactly playing a top notch O-line.

Rob Reese's picture

Of course they're a top 25 team; they're in the SEC

If you need italics to understand or imply sarcasm, then you're doing it wrong.