Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Yawn...Barrett sucks, the D sucks, Urban sucks. Blah blah blah, more motivation for the Buckeyes

UFM_Renewal

+2 HS
ITWASME's picture

It's B/R. They usually just throw stuff out there to stir conversation if there isn't a story to be found. I've seen many more times on there predictions of OSU winning that same game.

+2 HS
BUCKfutter's picture

just don't see it. we are superior at literally every position except for maybe qb, where their guy has the experience edge. there isn't the normal letdown risk because of braxton being out and everyone automatically counting us out for the season as a result. i never bet on osu because of the emotion factor, but i think we cover comfortably. we might be on upset watch a few times this season, but this isn't one. most to all of the smart analysts are picking us to win and cover - only second-rate folks like mark may and br are calling an upset.

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

+1 HS
Frimmel's picture

Clickbait nonsense.

+2 HS
sharks's picture

They are clickbait farmers and listicle monkeys.

Was a great piece on Deadspin a few weeks ago about how hard they screw their contributing writers

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

TheBadOwl's picture

People here bitch up and down about ESPN, but Bleacher Report is actually terrible. At least ESPN employs people with experience.

Deadspin is the best, though.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

Whoa Nellie's picture

Looks good on the bulletin board.

"Douchebagistan Daily picks Navy"

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
ChillitownBuck30's picture

I used to read bleacher report pretty often...then I realized well, that it sucks.  Terrible, please click on my page reporting/stories.  But hey, that's just my opinion (enter Kermit the frog pic here)

“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”

teddyballgame's picture

There's always that one guy..

+1 HS
JasonR's picture

Internet slideshows are the worst. Just give me the whole @#*!ing article fergodsakes. Screw Bleacher Report.

+1 HS
zeeman60657's picture

<rolling my eyes>  no comment needed

Zeeman60657

Squirrel Master's picture

I forget, what credentials does B/R have to make me care?

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Good point Squirrel and I think Urban now has all the ammunition needed to get the boys ready. Man I love this time of the year.

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Dang, Braxton must of been God seeing how everybody is writing us off now. 

What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

You know what would be an upset?  If B/R ever did an article that wasn't a mother $@*&#% slideshow.

+5 HS
CharlotteBuckeye's picture

1. Coach is always right.

2. See rule #1.

+2 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I stopped reading at B/R.

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
Boom777's picture

Hahaha people actually read the bleacher report?!

Wherever you are, there you be!

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Bleacher Report's business model is to make the most hyperbolic blogs/titles possible.  

• WHY NICK SABAN WILL LEAVE ALABAMA AFTER THIS SEASON
  • WHY JOE MONTANA IS THE MOST OVERRATED QB EVER
  • WHY LEBRON WILL QUIT  THE NBA BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS AND PLAY IN UKRAINE INSTEAD

Citing B/R for anything aside from an example of bad blogging is like quoting the North Korean government for a road map to world peace.

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+3 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

+1 HS
braneli's picture

I read that – and immediately thought... Trash.

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

I don't see why Navy couldn't pull off the upset. We're a very young team and we're not invincible. 

Read my entire screen name....

-1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

It's not so much that Navy couldn't - they most certainly could.  It's the source in this case that is, ahem, "less than credible".  If B/R gets it right, 9 out of 10 times its coincidence, not due to rare insight or thorough, insider knowledge.  It's kids with modems told what to write almost hourly.  Irregardless of, or care for facts.

Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

First, isn't that why they are called upsets - because no one sees them coming? Second, if the source is so "less than credible," why are we paying attention to it?  Third, if and when the source gets it correct, you've setup a situation where you can discredit them 90% of the time.  Fourth, "irregardless" of facts means that a game must have been played to write about it.

I don't understand all of the "it's not going to happen to us" conjecture around here.  We all know what happens when college teams play football.  Of all of the cupcakes being played this week, we're actually not playing one of them.

Read my entire screen name....

+1 HS
Jack Fu's picture

I don't understand all of the "it's not going to happen to us" conjecture around here.

It's the 11W comments section, man. OSU is the greatest team in the history of the universe, until they lose a game, in which case they're the worst. Rinse, repeat.

Rob Reese's picture

First, isn't that why they are called upsets - because no one sees them coming? 

Uh.  Yeah?  And that has what to do with B/R hiring anyone with a modem to blog for them?

Second, if the source is so "less than credible," why are we paying attention to it?  

If a guy whose never set foot in the woods, never picked up a bow or weapon or ever set a foot in Ohio blogs an article on "Bowhunting Trophy Whitetail in Ohio", and I somehow come across it, read it and ultimately dismiss it as "less than credible", that doesn't mean I'm paying attention.  

It means I'm not.

Third, if and when the source gets it correct, you've setup a situation where you can discredit them 90% of the time.  

Your source, B/R in this case, has a 50/50 chance as he/she goes down the list of CFB games every Saturday.  So does my 5 year niece. 

Fourth, "irregardless" of facts means that a game must have been played to write about it.

No it doesn't.

It means Suzy Rotten Crotch blogging for B/R probably wouldn't know a spread offense from a pro set or what either would even mean for a defense.  A weak-side linebacker from strong-side. Etc.  Punch yourself in the face for that comment.

I don't understand all of the "it's not going to happen to us" conjecture around here.  We all know what happens when college teams play football.  Of all of the cupcakes being played this week, we're actually not playing one of them.

My response to your initial post said NAVY MOST CERTAINLY COULD pull off an upset, but that has nothing to do with me sharing my experience/belief that BLEACHER REPORT is nothing but hacks instructed to hyperbolize every blog, story, title for the ever-important click.  It's a blogger sweat shop.

-2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Oh B/R. If they are wrong, they play it off as "Meh, it was my long shot". If they are right, they say "I KNEW IT. WE ARE LEGITIMATE!!!"

They are and will be wrong...

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

The Butler's picture

So, basically, they are the Colin Cowherd of internet sports?

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Yea, you can say that. I like the comparison.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
Mortc15's picture

Well B/R already got the "first top 10 team to lose" wrong since USCe got beat last night as the #9.

Absolutely Navy could beat OSU, but the "Braxton is irreplaceable" argument is already old. He's a great player, but has some flaws. If JT is a better passer for instance, I think that could actually help OSU's offense and provide even more to defend. Just my $.02.

Buck-I4Life

Ohio Guy in Jersey's picture

OSU loses Miller. 

People tend to like the service academies.

OSU is a lightning rod.

Predicting a Navy upset has no downside for any media outlet.

DCBuckeye33's picture

bleacher report is still an operating website? wow I had no idea

GO BUCKS

osu_killernuts's picture

Bleacher Report must have been listening to DiNardo when you said that OSU can't move the ball on offense.

Or maybe it's because of OSU's pass defense being 'turrible' - Navy might light up the Bucks through the air....only Jabrill Peppers could stop the Navy passing attack.

Hate is a strong word.  I hate ESecPN almost as much as I hate the whole SEC conference which is a close second to TTUN.