Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

I just realized this... It literally just hit me like a ton of bricks.

RunEddieRun1983's picture
August 28, 2014 at 2:07pm
32 Comments

Ohio State is going to beat the living S**T out of Navy on Saturday.  Chip on the shoulder, the taste of blood on their lips.  It's going to be a massacre.

Prediction:  66-10 Ohio State.  I smell the blood of our foes.

InHartWeTrust's picture

lol 66 points, I like it.

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Thank you?

UFM_Renewal

BrooklynBuckeye's picture

"No, dude, I LITERALLY sh** my pants!"

+8 HS
buckskin's picture

66 points would be a huge statement for a Braxton less offense; I'm sure that would get some positive national attention back.  Let's save the term massacre for The Game when it will be payback time for Dontre and Marcus.  Using it against Navy just doesn't seem right.

+3 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

The way I see it, Navy runs an option offense with talent that is a much lesser degree of Ohio State.  Ohio States defense runs against an offense that runs a ton of option (but isn't a pure option offense) every single day, and has talent on a whole different level.  If that defense has seen the option coming their way every practice since camp started, why should we think that a team that can ONLY do that with lesser talent should be able to move the ball on us in any kind of impactful way??  I'm not saying any of this to disperage our armed forces, so please don't take it as a knock on Navy, this would be true of any team that had their talent and ran a spread, if this was Utah or something I'd say the same thing.  Ohio State is going to beat their ass.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

awlinBrutus's picture

I agree. For the first time in many years MSU was our equal in talent last year. TOSU has the best depth chart top to bottom in the BIG  most every year, we should never get out talented so to speak in the BIG ever. Coach Meyer is just now getting our numbers up in his third year talent wise and we get our 3 scholly's back in 2015. I don't think the BIG realizes the juggernaut that is being built by Urban Meyer. By 2016 I think Urban will have assembled the most talent top to bottom that he has ever had in his career. UF has a lot of competition in its state that TOSU doesn't have in its back yard to the degree that UF has in Florida. I believe we are in for another level of success than we had with Coach Tressel and that says a lot. O H.......

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

+1 HS
wojodta's picture

Navy's probably gonna try to control the ball and run clock so I don't think OSU could put up 66 even if they scored on every possession. I think it will be a competitive game.

+2 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Yep Navy plays Tressell ball to the MAX. They hold the ball like it's nobody's business. Even if we scored on every poss we couldnt put up 66. I like your thinking though, nothing wrong with a guess :)

+1 HS
Wesleyburgess1's picture

We could if we force a lot of 3 and outs. If they can't get first downs they won't hold the ball very long. It's simple stop them and score really really fast. Lol probably not gonna happen like that but one can still hope.

awlinBrutus's picture

BOOM!!!!!!

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I just realized this post literally was not worth me looking at it.

FYI, game week Fridays (like every other season) the staff should put up a prediction post so you can make your predictions and can tell us all about how you were smacked over the head with those divine bricks. I hope you are right on the money!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
Boxley's picture

I completely agree Squirrel. Too bad that ton of bricks did not land on your keyboard, preventing this from being posted in the first place

Dear God just let a game be played so we have something intelligent to discuss.

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

-2 HS
dwiz0918's picture

I agree. I'm going stir crazy waiting for kickoff.

ITWASME's picture

Unless we're forcing a ton of turnovers not happening just because how much they control the ball

+1 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

I think there WILL be a ton of turnovers forced by the Buckeyes. Defense will be the star of the game.

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

I think if Navy was a passing team then I'd say turnover central but I just think it's so much harder to get fumbles

causeicouldntgo43's picture

Hope you have good health insurance.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I see something more like 35-10, though I appreciate your enthusiasm. 

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I'll take passionate, minimal mistake (short of mistake-free), injury free football instead of a seven touchdown victory margin.

I just don't see Navy falling apart to lose like that.

Scaling back 50%, I have it 33-10, but OSU pulls away late after the Mids make it tough for a half (a complete reversal of the '09 game).

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
awlinBrutus's picture

If our team is a good team I agree with the OP. Our offense should be @  warp speed compared to Navy's defense even with a brand new starting QB. Navy has to eat clock and score. I think we just wear them out  with our no huddle shock & awe spread zone read offense. When JT gets his rhythm with the rest of the offense we could be more balanced than last year.

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

your post figuratively hit me like a cord of wood

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I love your confidence RER and I truly hope this game gets boring for everyone else in the middle of the 3rd quarter except the Buckeye Faithful. We need to jump on them early and often and step on their throats the entire game until they bring in their reserves.

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

To be fair, last season Navy saw Duke, San Jose State, Notre Dame, Indiana and Toledo all put at least 35 points up on them. This offense is definitely talented enough to put up 50 if they play well.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I can see OSU reaching 45 but not any more than that.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

airbuckeye's picture

I just want tOSU beat the Swap Jockies by at least 21 or more. Don't get me wrong i respect all our Arm Force's but im old school Marine here and the Navy is only good for a ride to the beach LOL but i respect respect LOL

+2 HS
awlinBrutus's picture

OO-RAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

AngryWoody's picture

This joke will be inappropriate (I will understand if I get negged to death):

We're gonna beat Navy's ass so bad they're gonna call it Pearl Harbor PT.2.

I love the armed forces I really do, but that came to mind and gave me a laugh.

Our Honor Defend!

Boxley's picture

So, how did that 66-10 prediction go?.................

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

+3 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I completely agree Squirrel. Too bad that ton of bricks did not land on your keyboard, preventing this from being posted in the first place

Dear God just let a game be played so we have something intelligent to discuss.

If you felt that way (above), why would you go out of your way to resuscitate it after it's dead and buried, other than to troll a fellow 11Wer?  If it's not "intelligent" enough for you to discuss, maybe it would behoove you next time to ignore the thread and not chase it after it already appeared to have very little traction the first time.

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences