Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Help me help you

Nappy's picture
August 28, 2014 at 12:03pm
34 Comments

In a couple of sentences, I'm going to ask a favor of each and every member of this site.  I first have the break the very rule I'm going to ask you to follow.  But I feel it is well worth it.  And will make the site better.  [Full disclosure, even tho I'm a Mod, this is not sanctioned, encouraged, or endorsed by the staff] 

Can we please refrain from making any mention whatsoever of Mark May?  The season hasn't even started and I've read multiple comments already mentioning him.  I get it, he's a douche.  He makes a living saying shit he may or may not even believe himself just to move the needle.  Please don't bring his douchiness here. 

This site would be better off, imo, reading comments about the progression of JT, the improvements of the defensive scheme, and the O-line coming together.  Not comments about what Mark May is looking forward to in week one. 

So help me help you, 11W.  Together we can rid this site of douchey (sp?) Mark May comments. 

Nappy

Buckeye Knight's picture

So what you are saying is this has become the official "rag on Mark May" thread?

+8 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

didn't need the italics because its true. let the games begin!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

OSUStu's picture

Who?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+4 HS
bbb's picture

Yeah sorry, I don't know who that is

+2 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

Nappy, great post! I just thought about this the other day, "its becoming MM season." Surprisingly I must say I haven't heard much about him so far this year but I'm sure people will start complaining soon. I second the motion to keep his name and links off this site! We would all be better for it.

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+2 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture
Sorry Nappy.. But you know the rules:

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

It's like a law of nature (that he's an anti-OSU douche), so it won't change.

The horse is dead.

I'm in.

(wake up, willpower...going to need you here)

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I think it will be fine until old Marky boy jumps up on his high horse screaming how a undefeated tOSU team shouldnt even be considered for the 4 team playoff. I havent seen much of the chump lately but boy I know they are waiting to bring him out at the appropriate time.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Wilkins78's picture

Is that the guy that wears women's underwear?  Ok, I'm done.

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Sorry.... I had to get one last gif in.

I'm all for this idea. The guy just says stuff to stir the pot.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+6 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Great post.  I think there is a handful of these we can put to bed already:

Yes, Mark May is a douche.

Yes, Lou Holtz is old and has a bit of a speech impediment.

Yes, no one likes Desmond on Game Day.

Yes, Gary Danielson is an SEC homer, and Verne is really old.

Yes, we are not wild about the Beth Mowins broadcasts.

We know CJK5H.

We know a lot of the media in general likes to bait our fan base because we react as predicted.

But we can always make fun of Finebaum and his minions  :)

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+4 HS

Lou Holtz has a speech impediment? I always thought he spoke clearly and concisely. Its Mark May I don't understand!

+2 HS
Vinsaniti's picture

Lou Holtz has more of a spitting problem than a speech impediment. He's a great man and knows a lot about football. I always love hearing him duke it out with Mark May.

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

I do too.  I think the chemistry May and Holtz has is really good.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+1 HS
Vinsaniti's picture

I absolutly dispise Mark May and think this world would be better without him as a talking head on ESPN but Him and Good Old Lou Holz battle all the time and it's very entertaining. Lou usually makes Mark look like an idiot.

good luck. won't happen. not as long as he is on air talking trash about OSU. Personally I could care less.

probably have a better chance of asking Mark May to stop his comments about OSU.

+1 HS
Jack Burton's picture

It's all in the reflexes - Me

+3 HS
vitaminB's picture

Does tradition mean nothing around here?  First the band now this, I don't know what this world is coming to.  I guess I can't Fire Fickel anymore either?

+3 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I will make no mention of he who wears women's underwear. 

rosycheeks's picture

Mark -- er, Nappy -- can you please retitle this with "May May" in the title so that I can easily find the thread when I want to hate on May later in the year? I mean, I don't want to start another thread for that when this one already exists. Thanks!

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I don't watch espn, so this is no problem for me.

+1 HS
BuckeyeSouth's picture

OK, I won't say his name, Nappy, but is "Fat Urkel" off limits too?

Embrace it.

+1 HS
Nappy's picture

How about just "FU"?

Fan of bacon since 1981

+2 HS
BuckeyeSouth's picture

That works.  More appropriate any way.

Embrace it.

Seattle Linga's picture

Chips are all in the middle of the table Nappy - great idea - but then again once the cat gets let out of the bag it's probably all over but the shoutin!

USMC11917's picture

BUT..can we talk about the fact he wears women's underwear??

+2 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

I understand, he was too easy

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

lljjgg's picture

I've actually long suspected Mark May to be THE biggest OSU fan.

Why?
1) Uses any opportunity he has to give OSU a national spotlight on ESPN
2) Tries to motivate the team by constantly doubting them
3) *Owns a Brutus the Buckeye body pillow

*Unsubstantiated rumor

Groveport Heisman's picture

Who would have thunk we had a May relative working here with us on 11w's?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

TURD_BUCKET's picture

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden