Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

any buckeyes in Raleigh?

MrBobDobalina's picture
August 27, 2014 at 10:36pm
19 Comments

Anyone in the Raleigh area gone to watch a game at the brick house? I guess it has an OSU fan club on game days?  Anyone know what it's like there?

I just found out the game is not on regular CBS and I need to figure out where to watch it.

BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

It should be packed there.

Little Dan's picture

You "just" found out the game is not on regular CBS? Wow! I'm kinda surprised you managed to not figure that out untill today. But I am glad you will now get to watch it live probably.

Little Dan

-10 HS
MrBobDobalina's picture

when growing up in ohio, these kinds of things were common knowledge.  living here, i have to seek out religion.

+1 HS
malbers1967's picture

It's the Ohio State Alumni Club of the Triangle that watches games at the Brickhouse. Check out www.trianglebuckeyes.org for more info. It will be packed and a lot of fun. Hope to see you there!!

Malbers1967

+1 HS
Rav747's picture

I miss the brickhouse. Watched last two years bball and football games there. Hands down the craziest*ahem* passionate bucks fans outside of the state of Ohio. 

food is good too. 

MikeTheBuckeye's picture

I've lived in Raleigh for the past couple of years but recently moved to Wake Forest. I work at Buffalo Brothers, a sports bar so whenever I'm not home, that's where I watch my games. Is anyone else from the Raleigh area disappointed we canceled our series with UNC?

+2 HS
cpfanatik77's picture

Totally bummed about that. I live in Kernersville and have a lot of friends who are UNC fans. Was looking forward to going to the game with them.

HilltopHustle's picture

Too bad that UNC game was cancelled. Yes, Brickhouse is your place.

elitesmithie's picture

My wife and I will be there.

OscarSierraUniform's picture

I was in Raleigh on business during the 2011 Purdue game.  The Alumni club used to meet at a sports bar attached to a hotel not far from NCSU but I can't remember the name of it.  I think it was attached to a Holiday Inn.  Are they not meeting there anymore?

See ball, get ball.

HilltopHustle's picture

Sky Box off Falls of Neuse? They moved the location, so no.

OscarSierraUniform's picture

Yep.  That was it.  I went there on the Friday night before the game because the bball Bucks were playing.  Nice turn out.  Went back that Saturday before my flight to watch the Purdue game and wish I hadn't.

See ball, get ball.

+1 HS
elitesmithie's picture

This is our first year in the area. How packed does it normally get?

Rav747's picture

Last year every game was pretty packed. I've had to sit out a few times, but the have TVs out there too. 

+1 HS
elitesmithie's picture

So you would recommend getting there pretty early?

Rav747's picture

Ya, 40mins before for 2-4 people and you should be good. I used to go 30mins before. 

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Go Bucks!! Im excited............OSU will playing in a day

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

droessl's picture

It's a pretty decent spot; never been there for a Buckeyes game though. Certainly a better place to watch a game than the Skybox. 

Rav747's picture

Went to Skybox twice and I wasn't feeling it. Food and drinks were just ok and the crowd was a lot tamer. Glad they switched out of it. 

Enter brickhouse. It felt like any bar on high st. The food as mentioned is pretty good. Can't go wrong with their pizzas or burgers. And let's not forget the crowd intensity. As you walk to the bar you see all the cars with Alum stickers and flags makes you right at osu. 

I remember when osu was playing Kansas or Kentucky in bball tourney a few years back, there were about 6-8 Ku fans and boo-ed every time a ref made made a call in our favor or we scored. Needless to say it was getting pretty annoying and then what started out with 5 osu peeps boo-ing back escalated to 40+. At the end even though osu lost most of the osu fans congratulated them on their win. 

Sadly, here in dallas the turn out isn't as strong :-/