Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

How to stream live audio of football games

Buckshaw79's picture
August 27, 2014 at 9:57pm
12 Comments

Does anyone know of a way to stream the radio broadcast of OSU football games on a smartphone? I don't mind paying for it, just get tired of the ESPN/Big ten network tv commentators. Living in NC its a bit of a stretch to pick up 1460 the fan or 97.1 over the airwaves. 

BigDrill's picture

I believe there's a stream link to Scarlet & Gray Sports radio- the student run radio feed available. I've listened to them instead of Paul Keels when I was unable to watch the games. I can't stand Keels.

Ohiostatesports.net will get you there, or the link on the left of the O-Zone front page. 

Colorado Johnny's picture

You hate Keels????? Whaaaaaaaaat?

Dude is the man

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed I love Keels making the call "To the house" while Lachey is screaming in the background

THE's picture

I believe 97.1 has an app.

Also, if you have Sirius, you can stream there too but its always the away team feed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Colorado Johnny's picture

The 97.1 app will not allow you to stream games on a smartphone, if you pay for them or not

BeatTTUN's picture

I don't know if Scarlet & Gray does away games, if they do I am set

WJZ AM 1300 is now CBS Sports Radio 1300!

that is the Baltimore CBS affiliate, I am going to check to see if they have a live broadcast for the game.

I am scrambling to find a way to at least listen to the game, I ditched comcast cable and have no access other than going over to my Roll Tide friends house. I prefer controlled environments for Buckeye games.

@ Cal last year was a nice controlled environment, nothing like 30,000+ Buckeye fans making themselves at home in Berkley

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan

BigDrill's picture

97.1 and 1460thefan have apps, but they go to ESPN's College Gameday Live radio feed when the game actually starts. I think you can purchase an option to hear the feed, but paying for Keels' constant malaprop and misidentification of players is too much for me.  At least the guys from the student station have real emotion and try.

BigDrill's picture

Navy has an online feed too. WBAL in Baltimore and a few others carry the Midshipmen games and stream the games live as well.  There's plenty of time to find one if the OSU sites don't work for you.

BeatTTUN's picture

WBAL Aug 30 12:00 PM LazyTown "Little Pink Riding Hood"

man I better not get stuck watching Lazy Town

whiskeyjuice's picture

Good info! Thanks!

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Buckshaw79's picture

Thanks for the info guys, I think ill check out the student radio

"Be the man your dog thinks you are"

BeatTTUN's picture

http://tunein.com/options/?ProgramId=637636

this has a link to stations that will carry the game