Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

CBS sports showing Urbs and the Bucks some love!

Bucksfan70's picture
August 26, 2014 at 7:08pm
15 Comments
Tyler Durden's picture

The only time I really go to cbs sports is during march madness but the more I hear about them the more I like what they are putting out there.

+2 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Not that they have vested interest in the game on Saturday, but some love is nice.

+3 HS
Urbz4President's picture

Which one of you wrote this article

+5 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Ha! We apparently have had the same icon for some time.

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

That was a fun enjoyable read. It almost weird reading something positive about Meyer and OSU, outside of local writers.

+3 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

There's a ton of positive stuff about Ohio State out there, the thing is that nobody is going to see some thing from a local writer in Oregon about OSU and post it here. The negative stuff get's a lot of play is what I'm trying to say.

Bucksfan70's picture

i know... i was like, they.. actually... like us... ??

SWEET!

“Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't.” - Jerry Rice

+1 HS
Faded Trey's picture

Meyer inherited that quartet (Smith, Harris, Leak, Guiton) from the previous staff at each school, just as he inherited Braxton Miller from Jim Tressel. In most cases, most obviously with Smith, Harris and Guiton -- but also with Miller -- Meyer milked more than expected from each quarterback, and he did it right away. Why? Because he's good, man. He's good. Urban Meyer, I mean.

And when a quarterback actually is recruited by Meyer to play in that system? That quarterback is great.

It would be nice to see Urban turn TG into a good QB, forget about great. If he can do that, the sky is the limit for this offense in the future. 

+1 HS
Oldschoolbuck's picture

We'll have to wait for next year to see Urban "turn TG (Torrance Gibson) into a good QB"... I agree with your sentiments, though, Trey. If Joe Thomas can turn into a really good QB this year, the sky's the limit for this team. He doesn't have to be Troy Smith-great (though that would be incredible!), just channel his inner John Stockton to distribute the ball to all those playmakers!

BullCityBuckeye's picture

An article from Gregg Doyel no less.  I think this one makes his second "pro-OSU" article in a row (I could be wrong).  Isn't that one of the first signs of the apocalypse?!?

Kidding aside.  It's not a bad read at all.

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

It is nice to have reports saying how there are people high on us, but it does not matter because the game is played on the field (not discrediting what you said, as I enjoy when people find these things and post them to 11w). The good news is, we have a pretty damn good team this year, and a faster team than in years past. So we should be able to back it up when it counts. Every game is a new opportunity to showcase talents. Going to be a great year.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

There has been a lot of negativity towards OSU especially since Brax's injury, in regards to the upcoming season's W/L record. Most outside of Columbus are thinking MSU will be the best from the B1G. I can understand that thought but is anybody expecting OSU to lose to Navy or VT?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

The writer from Notre Dame picked Navy over tOSU, as well as it's just a matter of time until Mark May picks the Middies.  

+1 HS
ceegeelawrence's picture

Sophomore H-back Dontre Wilson is a bad, bad man.

+1 HS