Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Johnny Football talks Braxton and JT Barrett

0 HS
BassDropper's picture
August 26, 2014 at 6:06pm
19 Comments

From the Plain Dealer

"First and foremost, it's tough to see a friend like Braxton, I mean, it's rough," Manziel said, as Miller had season-ending shoulder surgery on Tuesday. "I don't wish that for anybody. I don't wish that for him especially. So hopefully everything in that situation works out for him. I hope he's able to get a medical redshirt and be able to play, because first and foremost, I'm a fan of Braxton. I think he's incredible for college football, I think he's incredible for Ohio State and I think the state of Ohio.

"Ohio State is obviously a very big deal but, I mean, a (redshirt) freshman coming in and taking over for a program like that, I think he's got a good situation with Coach Meyer being there and being able to put him in good situations to be successful. So I think more than anything he needs to depend on him, Coach Meyer, who's been through it all.

"Their quarterbacks coach (Herman) is a very creative guy who's a standup guy as well, so I would say lean on those guys, lean on the older players that have been there and they have a lot of playmakers, so you get the ball to those guys in space and they can really do a lot with it. So don't try and do too much.

"I'd say rely on your coaches, rely on what they're telling you and most of all, have fun and go out and play football like you did in high school and like you've been doing for your whole life."

"But man, I really wish them nothing but the best," Manziel said, "and hope Braxton's OK."

Pure class.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments