Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Espin does it again....

mtharp's picture
August 26, 2014 at 5:05pm
25 Comments

I just finished watching the 2014 heisman house on espn. How do you have a Show about the heisman show and and not have a single buckeye on the show? Troy and Eddie too busy? The had Woodson on through the entire show. Just seemed like another back handed way to slap the buckeyes. 

Maybe be in over reacting but it seemed purposeful. 

mh277907's picture

I don't know how OSU will ever carry on without ESPN supporting it. 

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
bucknut1994's picture

are you drinking?

Class of 2016

+7 HS
mtharp's picture

No and sorry for the lack of proof reading. Sent from my iPhone and didn't re read. My apologies. 

route4buckeye's picture

TOTAL SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY AND IT'S FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

I will NEVER EVER understand why fans continue to watch ESPN and then bitch and moan about something that was said on their programming. Christ, if you don't like it, don't watch it except for games.

I have washed my hands with ESPN and haven't watched any programming besides games since 2011.

+4 HS
BUCKfutter's picture

agreed. even sportscenter is unwatchable - barely half of it is scores and highlights anymore. if i want to watch highlights, i'll go to the niche networks that exist for literally every sport. i have zero interest in ESPN's opinions or human interest stories.

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

I was going to refrain from the ESPN Hates OSU discussion today until I saw this.

TOTAL SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY AND IT'S FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

All I have to say is....Really? I mean come on. You REALLY think this was some sort of intentional attack on OSU? I think some of you are just running out of things to use to play the victim card\ with.

-5 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Are you laughing at yourself? Because that would make sense, unlike your wild claims of of some sort intentional disrespect because ESPN left off two OSU Heisman winners.

I wonder if other fanbases are crying because they didn't have all of their living winners included as well.

-4 HS
mh277907's picture

You're missing the sarcasm. It was pretty apparent in his initial post.

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

SARCASM: It's not for everyone.

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

mtharp's picture

I believe you're missing 2 other trophy winners. Well not two individuals but two trophies.  

-1 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

We'll Cincy, that part of the post you pulled for example, was being sarcastic.  That same poster went on to say that he doesn't understand why people bitch about ESPN, and then continue to watch it.

highlight a sarcastic remark and use it as a serious one, but it was an incorrect example.

+4 HS
CincyOSU's picture

If I missed the sarcasm, then that's my bad.

But sarcasm is conveyed with the use of italics. Using all caps conveys anger or the need to forcefully make your point known.

route4buckeye's picture

No. If you couldn't tell that was sarcasm, then I don't know what to tell you.

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Hey, if I missed it and it was genuinely meant as sarcasm I'll be a man and admit I jumped the gun on my remarks(towards you).

My overall point doesn't change though.

-3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Dont you always jump the gun and force your opinions when it comes to Espin and Herbstreit? No matter if a guy is playing around or trying to make fun of someone you dont take the time to even decipher because you instantly defend. Nice life

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
CincyOSU's picture

How about you go ahead and create another username because you got banned under your previous ID...

I've admitted I jumped the gun a few times the last couple days and apologized, but just like anything that doesn't fit your biased beliefs you ignore that fact. 

And you obviously lack the intellect to understand what I'm taking about when I "defend" ESPN or Herbstreit so perhaps you should sit these discussions out. 

I better go now, my bosses in Bristol wouldn't think to kindly knowing I'm on a website for their mortal enemy. 

-2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I don't understand why this needs to be brought up twelve times per week. I get it, some of you hate ESPN. She wasn't that hot anyway, no need to stalk her on Facebook. 

+5 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Yawn..scratch......... Burp....fart....those are my feeling about ESPN..

+2 HS
HoopHal's picture

From Trev Alberts to that disgusting pig, Mark May,why does any Buckeye fan ever watch ESPN except for the games. Now that they have the SEC network to pimp-,it'll only get worse. The only fair people on ESPN are Rece Davis and Lou Holttz From a very reliable source I heard that several years ago ESPN attempted to start a network with OSU but was rejected and were told they would be sorry.  A few months ago Nick Saban's daughter was charged with participating in a drunken brawl in a soriority house in Tuscaloosa. I never saw the story on SECESPN. If that would have been Urban's daughter they would have led with it for the next week,probably sent an INVESTGATIVE reporter to Columbus to inflame the story

-2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

A few months ago Nick Saban's daughter was charged with participating in a drunken brawl in a soriority house in Tuscaloosa. I never saw the story on SECESPN

Actually it was

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=8159483

If that would have been Urban's daughter they would have led with it for the next week,probably sent an INVESTGATIVE reporter to Columbus to inflame the story

Isn't this what you meant to say. "What I have fantasized would happen in a nonexistent scenario I invented is proof that everything I believe is correct and people who disagree with me suck."

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

These two having jobs might have something to do with it. Troy is playing in the CFL and Eddie works for Ohio State. 

+5 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

Stop

Watching

ESPN

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+1 HS