Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Devin Smith and other wide receiver expectations

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
August 25, 2014 at 11:30pm
10 Comments

I was just wondering what caused Devin Smith's late season swoon.  Obviously, he is a deep threat because he has such good straight line speed.  Why does he not have very many short and intermediate routes? Is he being outmuscled at the beginning of his routes? Or just not as precise of a route runner?  I have heard Smith has added some muscle from offseason conditioning.  Spencer, known for his blocking, struggled as well in the latter part of the season.  I am hoping that Smith and Spencer can seize the starting spots because it is always good to have your upper classmen be leaders which produce, but if they can't cut it, they can't cut it.  What were their weaknesses last year? And have those weaknesses been fixed this year?  

How do you guys see our wide receiver situation playing out? If either Smith or Spencer can't get the job done consistently, who would you like to see emerge in their place?  If they don't seize the position, I'd certainly like to see Michael Thomas. I don't know as much about Corey Smith.  Dontre and Jalin Marshall would be the H back and would take some pressure off the other receivers.  Regardless of what happens, It will be exciting to see how everything plays out, and we will find out soon enough.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments