Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Best Uniforms, or Worst List Ever?

Ahh Saturday's picture
August 25, 2014 at 2:07pm
22 Comments
sharks's picture

#2? The worst list ever.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
DWright's picture

Don't let the nittany kittens get a hold of this.

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Oregon belongs on both the best and worst lists. They have some good ones, but also some horrendous ones. Michigan just belongs on the worst.

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

I always thought USC looked like McDonalds out there....I could never watch them cuz I get too hungry. Big Mac!

UFM_Renewal

+2 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

mishitgan helmets look like a bug on a windshield

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Remove Auburn and Boise to get a better list. I'm not so sure about the rankings, but the list is decent. 

+1 HS
DWright's picture

Navy's jerseys for the 2012 Army/Navy game were pure class.

Balls

Texas always looks good.

They burn their orange

Despite the colors Cal's throwbacks from a few years ago were dope.

Not Maize
+6 HS
FairfaxBuckeye's picture

Oregon and Boise State don't belong on that list.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I don't think OSU should've ever changed their unis after the 2005 season.

Is this list really about which uniforms look the coolest, or which uniforms are most iconic?  Oregon's current unis are not iconic, they're just stylish, but TTUN, Texas, ND's are definitely more about iconicness than the look itself.

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

Amen! Bring back the Grey Stripes!! 

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Grey stripes!! Grey stripes!!

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
BuckeyeMike74's picture

Boise, scUM, and Georgia above tOSU?  I think not.

+1 HS
kmp10's picture

Ohio State has a classic AND very sharp uniform… and that's AFTER Nike greatly reduced its "cool" factor last season by de-emphasizing the black accents in favor of making the white more prominent. The black on grey (silver in the case of the helmet) is stark and sharp. OSU almost always makes these 'best uniform lists' despite taste and aesthetics being a personal thing, so it's undoubtably one the college football's best, but Nike just cannot leave well enough alone. Thanks Nike...

lakejamesbuck's picture

If I am not mistaken that is a Buckeye in the middle of that Bama picture...He sure looks a lot better in his new uni !!  Go Bucks

KBonay's picture

It's obvious this poll is not official because I was never consulted. 

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

not a fan of the list.  I think Oregon belongs in the worst category, but I have the taste of a 95 year-old man

Go Bucks!

beamga's picture

I don't see how you can put Alabama on this list without putting Oklahoma on as well.  They have almost the exact same uniform design.  I'm always a fan of the classic looks from schools like Bama, OU, OSU, and USC.

kevdale86's picture

How can Oregon have the best uniforms when they don't have a uniform. It's something different every week. When I see them, I don't know who it is at first. It could be Oregon, Baylor or any other of the style before substance teams that have popped up in recent years. Give me the classic Ohio State unis, or even Alabama, PSU, Texas, etc. You know who they are because they've been around forever.

DWright's picture

I personally really liked when we wore these. The number font is great and I love the scarlet & gray color combo without any clutter. Needs a silver helmet, though.

Smoove

UNLV has a great set too.

Scarlet and Vegas
My favorite Oregon look.
Phil
-1 HS
BigDrill's picture

I wish we went back to the silver, shiny pants and gray stripes

+2 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

Our home jerseys since 2006 have looked like Wisconsin, Nebraska or Georgia. Its a joke. I don't know whose idea it was to strip the iconic grey stripes but it was a bad one. 

+2 HS