Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

More Starters announced for the Navy game. Only a few open spots remain. WR group still wide open

dwcbuckeye's picture
August 25, 2014 at 1:55pm
14 Comments
904buckeye's picture

Just my guess, but im thinking Urban knows who he wants to play but is saying its a competition so knobody stays complacent.

GO BUCKS. BEAT MISSAGAIN

+2 HS
MacG91's picture

Looks like Armani Reeves is no longer in discussion for starting corner. Also no James Clark or Johnnie Dixon for WR. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
sharks's picture

James Clark still rehabbing his leg?

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

almurray10's picture

I think I saw he recently got his black stripe removed. I think we can expect to see him out there this year. Kid has a Ginn-like stride. I'd love to see him work his way into the rotation.

FormerBuck's picture

All he's saying is the three starters will come from those 6 guys.  More than 6 WRs will play Saturday.

+1 HS
buckeyephaninphilly's picture

can tedd ginn come back and  play for us?! lol

OH- IO

-2 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Because tedginnisfasterthanyou?

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+2 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

I can't see both Devin Smith and Evan Spencer starting by midseason. Just don't think they could have made that big of a jump from last season where they were very one demensional. More versatile players are biting at their heels.

+2 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Agreed, I think Smith will be able to retain his spot. But I just don't see Spencer as a better option to Clark,Thomas,Greene.

I'm really liking Mike Thomas, Mr Spring Game, he's just got that nasty,cocky feel to him...I want my receivers to look across at the DB and have the confidence to beat him every time. 6'3" I believe, good size, and the guy catches anything in his direction.

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

I'm guessing that Lindsay ends up winning the center competition, which I wouldn't have said even a week ago. Lindsay sat out the spring and then had to play catch up all summer and early fall. He was reputedly pretty rusty at first. My gut feeling is that if Boren hasn't closed the deal under those circumstances, there is a good chance Lindsay will reel that job in. I say that as someone who is a huge fan of the Borens.

+1 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

I know everyone wants to be a "starter" but I believe with this team you could see snaps at any moment. There's a lot of talent and depth at all positions. Meyer has done a great job of recruiting. The 2014 class was his first true class of building relationships with the kids tho. The future is bright at OSU. 

Seattle Linga's picture

I know it's a few days away but Saturday is going to be epic. The one nice thing I used to love reading the morning on game day was the depth chart that the Plain Dealer would print out and I would refer to it throughout the game. "Miss a Day - Miss a lot"