Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

2014 Official Predictions

BrutusBuckey3's picture
August 24, 2014 at 10:23pm
14 Comments

Well fellas, a lot has happened this off-season. And even more has happened, you might say, just in this last week. But guys...we play our first game on Saturday!! Buckeye football is just around the corner....were on the 1 and can smell the goal line. No Miller this year, we know that. What we don't know (for sure), is what kind of success JT Barrett will have leading the Scarlet and Gray this year. So, let's hear it! Your official predictions for this season. Record, conference placement, bowl game, individual awards....anything. 

Personally, I think we are gonna take it. Win em all. Of course there may be some growing pains with a new QB, but we still have a VERY solid team, and we all know what Urb is capable of. Just look what he did with Tebow. Made the guy look like a friggin genius. 

So, sure it could be a little rough early going, but our schedule isn't something that we can't manage. By Big Ten time, JT is gonna be a seasoned distributor. I think we run the table, win the B10 title game in Indy, beat whichever SEC scrub we have to play in the playoff, and win the Natty in Dallas. 

Cant wait to welcome the new National Championship banner to the Shoe. 

What've ya got fellas? 

Silver Bullet 10's picture

I think this team will have a season similar to Michigan State last year. I see us coming together as a team and winning the B1G. I see a 3rd or 4th seed in the playoffs. This team will play for a National Title IMO. That is as far as I will predict. I'm confident in Zeke and JT to make this offense explosive. The defense will be elite too. 

Gurley wins the Heisman IMO

+5 HS
Mortc15's picture

I'll feel better about it after the VT game but I do think 13-0 thru Conf champ week is possible. However, I'll predict we slip up somewhere, either penn st or, more likely, MSU, and finish 2nd in the east and 11-1 with a New Year's Day bowl. 

Buck-I4Life

sierrabuck's picture

I predict an inundation of complaining after the Navy game.

-1 HS
jonping67's picture

We struggle early in the year against VT and Cincy, but we win both games by a combined score 17 points.

We roll into East Lansing and the team clicks on all cylinders and we win by 11, 31-20.

We go into the TTUN game and beat them good 37-17 and the folks in Ann Arbor are calling for Hokes head after going 9-4.

We head for Indy to play Nebraska and come out with a "W" 38-17. ESPN is now saying OSU is for real.

We are now ranked #3 in the country and we play Auburn in the first playoff game in D1 history. We beat the SEC chumps 27-24.

We head to Texas to play the reigning National National Champions (Sound familiar folks - remember 2002) and beat them 24-20 to be the first team to win 15 games and the 1st playoff championship.

+6 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

That's the most sensible extremely optimistic thing ive ever heard! God I hope your right!

OHinAZ's picture

It all sounds great to me and I can see it all happening other than the ESPN saying OSU is for real bit.

+2 HS
sox33osu's picture

Jonping, nice write up. Seems pretty feasible to be honest, though I'd hope we could beat Cincy by more than 17 alone. They are not a good team. Then again, in 02...

allinosu's picture

I was reading a Texas article preparing their fans for the Swoops( which I guess was the QB they took) and JT comparisons. Even though their butts are hurting because we got the better QB, some thought JT was injury prone and one good hit or twisting the wrong way and he is done. I hope that's not the case but I will predict IF he stays healthy to the playoffs we go undefeated. Monster defense.

rosenbuck's picture

13-1.  There's only one way that happens (realistically).  Not having Braxton for the playoff game hurts, and we lose after an undefeated season.

BeijingBucks's picture

This much youth and inexperience everywhere... I feel certain we are going to be world beaters at times and the flintstones at others. 

but... I am going to relish every crazy moment of this season

None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license. ~ John Milton

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

...and win the Natty in Dallas."

I don't need to travel all the way to Dallas, I got all the Natty I want right here in Ohio!

natty baby!

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

IMO - we will have some close calls but improve with each game and by the middle of the season JT will become a household name. 

+2 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

I am getting super excited for the VT game. Potential top DL vs. VT's potential top OL. That game will be a great test of our front 7. Both teams are breaking in new QBs. It is a good test game for us (moreso without Braxton) and them.

I see us having close games (10-14 point victories) with Navy, VT and Cinci. Navy because of their offense, away game and JT's first meaningful snaps. VT because they are a quality team and we will be attempting to find our footing and new identity and Cinci because they will test our Cbs and Safeties. I think if we can blow out either VT or Cinci we are in for a good season.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

So glad we got VT at home - with all those potential recruits - The Shoe will be crazy.