Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Parris Campbell

hobochops987's picture
August 22, 2014 at 7:48pm
25 Comments

Has anyone heard anything about how this guy is doing in practice.  I have not heard a thing.

QueenCityBuckeye's picture

I was actually wondering the same thing. I was expecting him to make big noise in camp, so I'm surprised he hasn't lost his black stripe yet. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WesPatterson23's picture

I know he has speed, but I think he is still just a little raw and thin. He may just RS this year and be a solid player in a year or two. Hopefully he can make some sort of impact this year though.

WezBuck28's picture

I figured he would be in on kick returns and punt returns after mick added some meat to those bones..kid has wheels and can scoot around like nobody's business!

rdubs's picture

I think he just had his 16th birthday.

+7 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

That, as much as any 40 time, bench press, SPARQ score, etc., is stunning.

+1 HS
Adam21's picture

17th according to this...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/better-know...

Campbell actually skipped a grade in kindergarten. He was born in July of 1997. 

+1 HS
rdubs's picture

So I missed by a year, regardless, he's a heck of an athlete for being so young.  

jonping67's picture

I think Parris is going to be the next Robert Smith at OSU, but it's going to take 3 years. Come his red-shirt sophomore year he's going to be a beast - 6' 2" 230 and a 4.3/40.

+3 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

He's not getting to 230....

+2 HS
osu407's picture

Mick Marotti begs to differ.

+3 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Elliot in no less than 15 months has gone from 200 to 225, You give him a kid who just turned 17 in a red-shirt year, watch out.

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Elliott needs to have that weight to play running back in this offense, though. Campbell is going to be an H / receiver. He needs to keep his speed and elusiveness. I could see him playing at around 195-200. Maybe 205.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

sivaDavis's picture

His frame could support around 205-210 with no loss in speed, I don't think 230 though. That's alot of weight to put on.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

There is so much depth at WR he is a very likely RS.

+1 HS
OSUBias's picture

I thought he was in one of the hype videos getting pasted by our DBs/LBs. He looked mighty small, if I'm thinking of the right guy. Held onto the ball, though. Plus 1.

Shitter's full

+1 HS
SilverState's picture

Yeah, he got planted twice in that video..reminded me of Dontre sometimes last year.

almurray10's picture

All I know is that I saw him in one of the highlight videos from practice and he looked waaaaay bigger than I would've expected for a 16(17?) year old. I figured a kid with his speed, he'd just be a little skinny speedster.. boy was I wrong. I think he might redshirt this year just because of the insane depth at both positions he's a candidate for, but I definitely seeing him factoring in to the next few years and being a grown-ass man for the bucks.

+1 HS
brunstar's picture

He's going to redshirt because of his age more than his skill or progression.

bucks4nuts's picture

Not sure if I read something about him on the site or if I dreaming about reading... Boy I spend a lot of time on this site. 

"To The House"

+1 HS
BigDrill's picture

Yes he's fast, but young & slender. If he can outrun everyone he'll play no matter what.

niblick's picture

Zero chance he plays this year

bethmowins's picture

I think it was Tony Gerdeman that had him 3rd at the h-back position on his unofficial depth chart. Kinda surprised me. Doesn't mean he'll play this year but he's in the hunt.

TheBadOwl's picture

Behind Dontre and Marshall, who else would be third? Samuel is a full-time running back and Noah Brown is on the outside.

I doubt that we'll see Campbell this year, but I think that in 2015 or 2016 he'll be a big contributor.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

awlinBrutus's picture

yea Gerdmans chart has noah brown as an H-back, 11w does not. some of the break downs on him when he committed was that he could play wide out, running back and even safety. a very versatile athlete.

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

whiskeyjuice's picture

Gotta love that depth!! Urban is making sure that OSU has players ready to reload when needed.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS