Wisconsin's starting QB is...

Jack Burton's picture
August 22, 2014 at 6:43pm
18 Comments
osu407's picture

Good move in my opinion. 

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

Wisky's offense is going to be nasty this year. I really like McEvoy.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I thought Stave was decent so this kid should be good. 

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I'd think that too if I hadn't watched him in games other than the Ohio State game. Dude looked like Tom Brady.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I did say decent. 

TURD_BUCKET's picture

Melvin Gordon and Corey Clement should help him a little

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.”

+2 HS
QueenCityBuckeye's picture

His mobility will make that rushing attack even more deadly. I'd love for them to beat LSU!

+3 HS
WezBuck28's picture

I'm just shocked to see s BIG vs SEC regular season match...and a top notch BIG team to boot..

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Why is it not a big deal that they selected an inexperienced QB, but it is that we will be starting one? I didn't think Stave looked that bad or did our pass D make him look like Dan Marino.

PittBuckeye's picture

Because national media isn't going to care about a team that wasn't picked by a good deal of talking heads to make the playoff switching from a guy who isn't the returning 2 time conference offensive player of the year and a top 5 Heisman candidate to some other guy nobody cares about.

CCatanzaro's picture

How do you pronounce his last name?

Dairy-fed intellect and pure, unhinged sass.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I believe it's like Kevin Costner in Tin Cup. Roy McAvoy.

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

The Badgers seem to be putting out tough teams the last several years.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I think Stave would've been the correct decision. 

sox33osu's picture

This would've been the correct decision last season. This kid is legit. Wisconsin could very, very well beat LSU.

+1 HS
Montana silver bullet's picture

Wiscy doesn't have the receiving corps to benefit Stave, their run game however is second to no one and an athletic QB with those RB's and that line make one hell of a backfield much like our own the past two seasons--- 

Montana Silver Bullet

+1 HS
M Man's picture

When is the trading deadline?  I heard that Wisconsin was going to make a deal for Bret Favre, getting one last year of eligibility out of him, by sending two physics instructors and a professor of Gender and Womens Studies to the New York Jets.

sivaDavis's picture

Switched from QB to WR, then a wrist injury moved him to Safety now he's back at QB. Was he not good enough to start at QB and now he is? I'm seeing people say he's legit and whatnot but I guess I just dont see it. Especially if he got beat out by Stave.

Btw, is Wisky ever going to actually recruit QBs and develop them or will they just keep going the JUCO/CC route?

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS