Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Stadium renovation photos

DWright's picture
August 22, 2014 at 1:13pm
23 Comments

Some nice shots from inside the stadium (not my photos).

I went by the stadium this AM to see the new tunnel. Crews were working so I didn't want to bother them but I did manage to take a couple photos.
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

::sparkling eyes::It's booootyful

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+2 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

"Quit skipping leg day bro" - Dr James Andrews

Sebastian's picture

Awesome.. Thank you, i wish they painted all the seats scarlet it would look better

Byaaaahhh's picture

Seats and tunnel looks great. I still think the lights are incredibly ugly though.

+2 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

The lights definitely look like 'add-ons', and don't flow with the original architecture, at all.  I suppose they were going for utilitarian over architectural.  A for effort, C- for result.

-1 HS
mh277907's picture

Can't wait to see it full.

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
JOhio1560's picture

Awesome!  This new renovation, IMHO really improved the look of the 'Shoe.  Not that it looked bad before...it just looks really great now.  

Thanks for posting DWright. I never would have found these otherwise.  Please leave a comment to receive your up-vote.

I'm not finished!  Before we let you leave, your commander must cross that field, present himself before this army, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse.

+1 HS
CC's picture

Agreed, I always thought that part of the stadium looked unfinished.  I hope the lights aren't too bright, I loved the way the stands kind of faded to dark, it gave the impression the stadium went on forever.  

BuckeyeNut2012's picture

I could stare at this for hours; it's so beautiful.

+1 HS
gonzogrover's picture

So excited to get to run down that tunnel during the Ohio State Four Miler in 30 days! Go Bucks!

+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

With the expanded seating, does anyone know/has anyone heard what the new projected capacity is? Is it a significant growth? The big games last year averaged around 105k according to wiki.

+1 HS
Scott's picture

Lord, the south stands exterior facade is so horrible. I hope the next project is making that side worthy of being a part of Ohio Stadium.

Class of 2008

+1 HS
Birdman2's picture

What is going on the upper corners of the South Stands? It looks as though something is framed in there and there is a crane holding something up as well, both sides. Any ideas?

GVerrilli92's picture

My guess is playclock.

I got a gray kitty, white kitty, tabby too, and a little orange guy who puts snakes in my shoes. Got mad MC skills, that leave ya struck, and I roll with my kitties and I'm hard as f*ck.

Birdman2's picture

The play clock seems to still be on the tunnels for the middle 2 sections where the Block O is on the south stands, that's what I thought originally too, So I assumed it had to be something else. 

GVerrilli92's picture

Now we just need to make the top half of the south stands into a second deck, bring it closer to the field, and tuck another 5-7k underneath it.

THAT would be the loudest venue in America of any type.

Edit: Because everybody knows we need more pillars in the stadium to sit behind.

I got a gray kitty, white kitty, tabby too, and a little orange guy who puts snakes in my shoes. Got mad MC skills, that leave ya struck, and I roll with my kitties and I'm hard as f*ck.

+1 HS
jmacaulay17's picture

This is not my picture, but I saw it on Instagram this morning and thought it was definitely worth showing. The new tunnel is looking awesome!

The Ohio State University Class of 2013

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That is one intimidating Block O

NashBuckeye's picture

Can't wait to see the Shoe again in person.  Cincy game.

whiskeyjuice's picture

Is it weird that I put on my helmet and shoulder pads from high school days and now running around pretending to run over everything as I score td's?

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs