Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Stadium renovation photos

DWright's picture
August 22, 2014 at 1:13pm
23 Comments

Some nice shots from inside the stadium (not my photos).

I went by the stadium this AM to see the new tunnel. Crews were working so I didn't want to bother them but I did manage to take a couple photos.
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

::sparkling eyes::It's booootyful

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+2 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

Sebastian's picture

Awesome.. Thank you, i wish they painted all the seats scarlet it would look better

Byaaaahhh's picture

Seats and tunnel looks great. I still think the lights are incredibly ugly though.

+2 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

The lights definitely look like 'add-ons', and don't flow with the original architecture, at all.  I suppose they were going for utilitarian over architectural.  A for effort, C- for result.

-1 HS
mh277907's picture

Can't wait to see it full.

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
JOhio1560's picture

Awesome!  This new renovation, IMHO really improved the look of the 'Shoe.  Not that it looked bad before...it just looks really great now.  

Thanks for posting DWright. I never would have found these otherwise.  Please leave a comment to receive your up-vote.

"You Win With People" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
CC's picture

Agreed, I always thought that part of the stadium looked unfinished.  I hope the lights aren't too bright, I loved the way the stands kind of faded to dark, it gave the impression the stadium went on forever.  

BuckeyeNut2012's picture

I could stare at this for hours; it's so beautiful.

+1 HS
gonzogrover's picture

So excited to get to run down that tunnel during the Ohio State Four Miler in 30 days! Go Bucks!

+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

With the expanded seating, does anyone know/has anyone heard what the new projected capacity is? Is it a significant growth? The big games last year averaged around 105k according to wiki.

+1 HS
Scott's picture

Lord, the south stands exterior facade is so horrible. I hope the next project is making that side worthy of being a part of Ohio Stadium.

Class of 2008

+1 HS
Birdman2's picture

What is going on the upper corners of the South Stands? It looks as though something is framed in there and there is a crane holding something up as well, both sides. Any ideas?

GVerrilli92's picture

My guess is playclock.

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

Birdman2's picture

The play clock seems to still be on the tunnels for the middle 2 sections where the Block O is on the south stands, that's what I thought originally too, So I assumed it had to be something else. 

GVerrilli92's picture

Now we just need to make the top half of the south stands into a second deck, bring it closer to the field, and tuck another 5-7k underneath it.

THAT would be the loudest venue in America of any type.

Edit: Because everybody knows we need more pillars in the stadium to sit behind.

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

+1 HS
jmacaulay17's picture

This is not my picture, but I saw it on Instagram this morning and thought it was definitely worth showing. The new tunnel is looking awesome!

The Ohio State University Class of 2013

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That is one intimidating Block O

NashBuckeye's picture

Can't wait to see the Shoe again in person.  Cincy game.

whiskeyjuice's picture

Is it weird that I put on my helmet and shoulder pads from high school days and now running around pretending to run over everything as I score td's?

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs