Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Hearing from Fans of Other B1G Schools At Work

ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture
August 22, 2014 at 11:23am
24 Comments

It seems the blood is attracting some usually timid mouths to become bold and empowered with Orson Wells-like prediction powers since the news on Braxton broke on the interwebs and such.  

This whole week has been full of, "dude, you're so done..." or with their big smiles, "dude, Wisconsin/Nebraska/Mich St is taking it this year..." or "how are you holding up now that you know you're going to lose for sure."

Of course, I did what any reasonable Buckeye fan would do.  I bet them that we would have a better record than each of them at the end of Nov, and the losers would have to shave their heads and let the other(s) draw a message on their shaved head for a day (for pics and posterity of course).  It's me against 3 others here... 

Oh, it's on... 

Also, for the record - we have a huge number of Rutgers alums at my work here in NYC, but they would not participate.  Either they are smart (not really), or they know their place as noobs.

LealmanBuckeye's picture

Get it in writing and get it notarized. I'd love to see their faces if we run the table.

+2 HS
DCBuckeye33's picture

I work with a handful of PSU alum (DC is crawling with them) and they seem to forget that Cordale Jones, our current backup, was running all over them just last year. We could have won that game with me starting back there. They also don't seem to understand their current excellent recruiting class is not yet on the roster. They are the mouthiest bunch of fans, especially considering their mediocrity over the last 15-20 years, and this injury only has them being mouthier

GO BUCKS

+4 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I love some good old fashioned, straight to the point, telling-it-like-you-see-it, shit talking.   I approve of your entire message; from start to finish. +1

If you need italics to understand or imply sarcasm, then you're doing it wrong.

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Ugh... I hate obnoxious fans like that. Of any school; OSU included. Definitely not unknown to me that we have some pretty obnoxious fans as well.

bbb's picture

Just smile and nod, knowing inside they're full of it

HotSauceCommittee's picture

Well played my friend, well played.

+1 HS
RoyMunson's picture

Who are the 3 schools?

+1 HS

Wisky, Nebraska, and Dino's boys

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Squirrel Master's picture

if they were really confident, they wouldn't say anything but sorry for the loss.

but obviously they are not and know what is coming.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture
Possible NSFW...

+5 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

I'd say the same thing if were in their shoes.

Read my entire screen name....

PortlandBuckeye45's picture

I work with a ton... and i mean a TON! Of bandwagon Duck/Seachicken fans. Ever since BM when down, it's been nothing but, "no season for the poisonous nuts." "what are you going to do without your QB." "If that was the Ducks, we'll still be fine."

But then, I proceed to remind them, of that brutal loss that had at Arizona, against an unranked team. With their starting QB.

Then I also start to chant.... WE WANT BAMA! WE WANT BAMA! Oh wait what about Stanford???

Silence!

+4 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Patience, grasshoppers. Silence is the best course of action right now. Then once we surprise the hell out of them we crap on their collective heads like a flying elephant on a bombing mission.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

I've never been one for subtlety - full frontal baby!  go hard or go home!  Ok, someone pass me some whiskey now.

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

This week the major Notre Dame homer at my office came up and asked how I was holding up and told me he knew what I was going through since the Irish had to endure the loss of Everett Golson last year.  

I said, "well I'm trying to be optimistic and I think we'll be alright, but if JT Barrett is as bad as Tommy Rees, we're doomed."

+6 HS
hetuck's picture

We heard similar stuff after Tressel was fired. They thought there would be a long slide into mediocrity. Here's hoping JT is the equivalent of the UFM hire. 

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

+2 HS
TheShookster's picture

Your colleagues must get all their information from ESPN, the world wide leader in hot takes and narratives. Ohio State has always had that one player where if he goes down the entire season is screwed...which is why I was so happy one of the first things Urban Meyer said was that there was a huge depth problem; I was glad it was a point of emphasis. We have so much talent on both sides of the ball, and speed now. I think it's infuriating how, according to the so called experts, every team in the country lost some of their best players but Ohio State is the only team that's going to implode...nope Michigan State lost 4 of their best defensive players but nothing to see here folks. "Alabama's new QB hasn't played a down yet but SEC SEC SEC JT Barrett one of the top dual threat QBs in his class who also hasn't taken a snap? Yeah dude is going to suck..." ESPN is horrible. Dave Brandon must secretly be the CEO.

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Yeah, the few level headed UM and MSU fans I work with readily admit that the talent on the roster at OSU means losing Braxton isn't going to cause some humongous drop-off. Hell, some of them are even more sure of it than I am!

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

This whole week has been full of, "dude, you're so done..." or with their big smiles, "dude, Wisconsin/Nebraska/Mich St is taking it this year..." or "how are you holding up now that you know you're going to lose for sure."

They're just trolling you.  Either that or galactically  ill-informed.  

If you need italics to understand or imply sarcasm, then you're doing it wrong.

+1 HS

Trust me... at the risk of being called a homer, they are definitely the Galactically ill-formed kind.

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Trust me... at the risk of being called a homer, they are definitely the Galactically ill-formed kind.

They are disfigured?

+1 HS

Well played sir.  'Galactically ill-informed' and 'ill-formed'... once I shave their heads!

+3 HS
GVerrilli92's picture

Got like 5 texts within the hour of Braxton going down. 

ESPN has seriously turned every non-buckeye into a buckeye hater. I've noticed some serious PR moves by Urb though, what with being in the CFB playoffs promo and interviewing nonstop on CFB Live and SC. Considering all he does, it still astounds me that ESPN chooses to enrage the largest collegiate fanbase instead of kissing its ass a little. 

Well maybe I could go without ass-kissing ala the Pete Carroll days at USC, or the constant love for the defenseless Ducks, or the well-constructed notion that people like Les Miles and Steve Spurrier are intelligent individuals. I would just love to hear an objective analyst come over the air and say everything that every member of the B1G knows. That is that it is just as hard to go undefeated in this conference as any in America. Florida St. was the undisputed National Champion last year and their schedule was a joke. Half of a team's away games in the ACC can be trumped in attendance by Texas high school games. I go to UNC, I witness it yearly.

The saddest thing of it all is that our conference is more worried about beating us than they are anybody else. And this thread legitimizes that notion 100%. Maybe if MSU would sack up and beat Oregon this year and Wisky could take down LSU the conference could be taken seriously enough that we receive top tier bowl bids (now playoff spots). But no, they'll wait until our date to pull out all the stunts and be jacked as shit, give us the best game of their season and maybe win. I don't pull for the B1G, but damn it would be nice if somebody else could come keep us company in the top 5.

But to all the haters, I say good day.

How many cheeseburgers are you gunna drive into that dirty old cheeseburger locker Brady Hoke?

+2 HS
Onionballz's picture

The only B1G alums I work with are Purdue grads.  They haven't said much...

"You must have been eating dumbfuck sandwiches when you came up with that logic" - Ramzy