Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football talk.

Dumbass Desmond

The Rill Dill's picture
August 21, 2014 at 5:07pm
43 Comments

Just heard on 97.1 The Fan, that Herbstreit's boy Desmond, has MICHIGAN in his top ten.  That's right.......top TEN.  He also DOESN'T include Michigan State or Ohio State.  Again, I tell you-----ESPN, is nothing more than the National Enquirer of sports.  What a frickin MORON.  Anyone that defends him----can kiss The Rill Dill's ass.

Smanpoint10's picture

This is a Buckshot. He put them at 6

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

I really hate it when people take the thoughts of one person and attribute their thoughts to that of their employer. Desmond said/did something stupid...not ESPN. That would be like The Rill Dill saying something controversial and then, instead of questioning why The Rill Dill said what he did, we attack his employer as if it was their fault. Yet another example of trying too hard to pin everything on some alleged OSU conspiracy.

-3 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

ESPN has control over their "product".  In an opinion piece, they are approving the opinions that are set forth.....Presenting you a product to consume.  They terminate employees that don't provide acceptable product, not put them front and center.  

Rill was saying that ESPN had become National Enquirer'esque and that Desmond was a moron.  He really couldn't be more correct, on the two.

+7 HS
DRAKE008's picture
+3 HS
DRAKE008's picture

Disagree. Who you employ is a reflection on you since you hired/employ them. It is the company's responsibility to interview you, check your employment history, review your performance, etc. This is not the same as an open Internet forum.

+3 HS
CincyOSU's picture

So answer me this, why is it when an ESPN personality says something positive about OSU we attribute that to the individual, but when it's negative it's all part of the ESPN plan to destroy OSU? This happens on here all the time.

-2 HS

Rill didn't say ESPN was in on a conspiracy.... He didn't say they were responsible for Desmond's words...... You brought all that to this topic.

Fact: Rill said ESPN = National Enquirer and Desmond was a Moron

Fact: you were the one who brought up ESPN conspiracy

so why don't you tell us why?

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

You are correct, I misread his original comment so I withdraw my conspiracy comment....but that doesn't change the fact that there was no need AT ALL to bring up ESPN in regards to what Howard said...it was HIS opinion. ESPN may well be the sports version of a tabloid but Howard's ranking of UM in a meaningless Power Poll is irrelevant to that point.

-6 HS

Maybe you have misread more people's posts than you realize.  In this one thread you have done it twice. Forming an opinion based on misinterpretation of facts is what you are hear crooning about, on behalf of ESPN, but you are just as guilty.

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

John -

1) I admitted I misread his post and took back my conspiracy comment...but that didn't change 90% of my point.

2) What do you think vstheworld and I were talking about? I said there are many on here who agree with my opinions, he said more do not. I didn't put any words in his mouth, or misinterpret what he said. Did I exaggerate with the "destroy OSU" part? Probably, but anyone who has been around here very long know exactly what I/we meant.

brandonbauer87's picture

Keep fighting the good fight, Cincy. 

-1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I wouldn't call it a good fight.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Think what you want vstheworld, the are a lot more people on here than you think that share my opinion.

-7 HS

And there are a lot more that don't.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
CincyOSU's picture

So you think the majority of OSU fans think ESPN wants to destroy OSU?

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. 

-6 HS

That's not what he said.  Why are blowing things out of proportion?  

+4 HS
joshhersh's picture

John you apparently are not familiar with Cincy.  He loves ESPN with all his heart and will defend them every chance he gets. He's been doing it for years and continues to look like an idiot as he puts words in people's mouths when they insult the worldwide leader. 

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Joshy -

Wow, you know you can really see what a man is made of by how tough he acts over the interwebs. And while we're talking about intelligence, I have to question yours as you clearly have severe issues with reading comprehension. If you think my comments are meant to "defend" ESPN then you might not want to partake in these conversations anymore as it's clearly over your head.

-3 HS
southbay's picture

John you apparently are not familiar with Cincy.  He loves ESPN with all his heart and will defend them every chance he gets.

That may be true, but Desmond loves Michigan with all his heart and will defend them with every chance he gets.

Cincy posts on 11W.  Desmond is on TV, and not just any TV show but on College Gameday.

So you ask a question, then answered it yourself. XD

+4 HS
DRAKE008's picture

In all honesty I can't answer that question. I watch espn for highlights, not OSU news. Personally, I am of the belief they cater to their primary audience, which in regard to CFB, is the SE, and from a financial standpoint makes sense. Also, IMHO, OSU gets way more air time from them than any other B1G team, whether it's negative or positive means something.

+3 HS
Brutus1972's picture

Because there's nothing positive said by ESPN about OSU unless it comes with a caveat or a comparison to their teacher's pet $EC unless it is said by a former tOSU/B1G alum. I will admit that a lot of it is because we are such a large fan-base that they know what they are doing because it will continue to draw  a reaction by many people (our fans),thereby making it news. However, to say that they are completely innocent of bias would be a lie and an attempt to insult the intelligence of anyone who pays attention. However, the $EC is part of the ESPN's money train and they aren't doing anything different than any other company in the USA. I'm not mad at them, I just don't like them.

P.S. Who gives a sh*t what Desmond Howard thinks? Since when did a traitor become a reliable source of anything but lies and deceit?

+2 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

If Herbstreit says anything positive, I always just say----'fuck Herbstreit'.  Same shit, different day.

+2 HS
lljjgg's picture

Legitimately heard Jason Sehorn say on CFL on ESPNU today:

"If OSU wins every game on their schedule this year without Braxton Miller, it will just show how weak the B1G is that they were able to accomplish it. If the other B1G teams beat OSU this year, it will hurt the perception of the B1G as OSU is considered one of the elite teams in the conference." In other words, it doesn't matter whether OSU wins or loses every game this year, they're going to take a dump on the B1G and OSU like they always do regardless of the outcome haha.

I don't know how you can watch any amount of ESPN and not see that 90% of their analysts tread the company line (that being: the B1G and OSU as part of the B1G are 2nd-rate). Luckily, I don't feel the playoff committee will follow suit; most of their committee has no connection to ESPN or the SEC. I don't think the ESPN-OSU hate is a conspiracy, they just don't care for OSU or the B1G. I don't feel there's any malicious intent in mind, they're just voicing their opinion, and their opinion is that they feel that OSU/B1G is annually overrated, and they will attempt to point that out at any opportunity. It's incredibly obvious if you've been watching ESPN for any amount of time.

+7 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

I hope you got the memo about what the supporters of Desmond can do!!

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

Who's supporting Desmond?

But you keep staying classy there Rill.

-2 HS
gumtape's picture

I am sure that Herbie, Chris Carter, Robert Smith, and Chris Spielman will give him shit about this. Hell, even Danny Kanell, Jesse Palmer, and Dari Nowkah are probably making fun of him too.

High and tight boo boo

+6 HS
BigDrill's picture

I even think Mark May, as much as I dislike him, will give Desmond Howard the what-for about it.

+2 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Desmond Howard has officially reached Mark May levels of dumbfuckedness.  He is seriously one dumb mother fucker.

Class of 2010.

+5 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

one more time:

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

+9 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Anyone who does anything other than giggle at this and move on has given it too much time.

+3 HS
Jugdish's picture

Maybe Torg was right and also, Simms should have kicked his ass (s). Desmond just wants attention and this cannot be taken as serious. 

Remember to get your wolverine spayed or neutered. TBDBITL

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

There is a difference between being a homer and being a dumbass. Desmond has just shown himself to be the latter. 

+3 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

MEH

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

sivaDavis's picture

And people say Herbie is a homer whenever he chooses the Buckeyes to win something... Desmond is delusional every year about TTUN but it's fine.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
airbuckeye's picture

I can't really comment on this per say because i don't watch ESPIN and have not for at least 15 years so i can only go on what i have heard over the years. With that said i have heard over the years since Desmond has went over the edge more than once when it come's to Scum over the years,

And yes Dismond's has proven that is Cho Cho train jumped the track years ago if he even had one that ran right and was not just a win up train with rusted track's. He is like listen to Lou with out having to wear you rain coat and cap but i give old Lou a pass since he is a Woody  disiciple and still has good thing to say about tOSU.

But really listing to old Lou talk is like listen to  Sylvester talk with less tough action .

+1 HS
bucks4nuts's picture

Homer 

"To The House"

buckeyestu's picture

ESPN sucks, Desmond Howard sucks, Jalen Rose too. But most of all it is august 22, 2014 and Meatchicken sucks more than ever.

+1 HS
M Man's picture
  • ESPN:  Treated OSU very badly.  Terrible record of journalistic fairness in their attack on OSU.  Other than that, I have no overwhelming complaint about ESPN.
  • Kirk Herbstreit:  I reallly like Kirk.  I look forward to anything that features him.  I think he's smart, and capable.
  • Desmond Howard:  Has a very nice smile.  Says such dumb things on his Twitter account that it ought to be taken away from him.  For a guy with such a golden career as a football player, and such an attractive appearance, the sky would have been the limit if he weren't so dumb.
  • Jalen Rose:  NOT dumb.  For a guy who fought his way out of a ghetto; the illegitimate estranged son of a journeyman NBA player, Jalen is an exceptionally interesting character.  Jalen is a baller's baller.  Who opened his own charter academy for poor Detroit kids.
  • There are a couple of other players-turned-sportscasters worth mentioning in this context: Clark Kellogg, who now sits on the OSU BoT, and Jim Jackson.  They are both pretty good.  Not exceptional; not bad.  I can't remember the last time I heard either one say something that was bright and original.  But that's better than Desmond, whose record of stupidities runs at the rate of about 1.5 per quarter.
+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I hate when I agree with M-Man, particularly on numerous bullet points.  I feel icky and that I may need a shower now.

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+1 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

Solution 1: Don't watch ESPN.

Solution 2: Don't watch TV. If you cannot resist this then smash your TV with a hammer.

Solution 3: Change the channel whenever you see that windbag on.

Solution 4: Whenever he starts talking just imagine in your head the "adult" voice from Charlie Brown.

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."